... Bug hunt... hard?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
BioALIEN

Re: ... Bug hunt... hard?

Post by BioALIEN »

rivaldo wrote:
BioALIEN wrote: Thats a very random date why? I would have thought 1st April, makes a very good April Fools joke. Think about it, programmers all like surprises, like breaking the mould. Just as with Gmail last year ;)

I feel weird inside. After 2 years of waiting... the devs are finally homing in on that ever elusive open deadline. Anybody else feeling funny inside? :oops:
Feeling funny inside? Must be diarrhea. :?

Come back in mid-summer. A date around the middle of the year is probably more likely.
Damn must be all that chicken pasta i had earlier. :lol:
BioALIEN
█ Secure your name before someone else does: TheMillionDollarAdvert.com
█ Get your permanent listing from $10 USD. You too can own a piece of internet history.
The moment you master the art of programming is the moment you program the art itself! - BioALIEN

PatrickStar4491

Post by PatrickStar4491 »

SpeedyDuh

Post by SpeedyDuh »

SolarFX wrote:

Laughing I've been experimenting more, and I've discovered 3 major breaks and 6 minor bugs (language erors, etc). A huge improvement since last week, now that I've compared them side-by-side.

I'm not sure what you've been comparing, but i've been following the cvs for 3 months now, merging updates from cvs to my working forum every few weeks and last month or so there has been very little change in the code.. I've viewed all changes to files and checked what has changed and it's not a lot, hehe :D

I'm beginning to wonder if they are actually doing something.. i don't mind though, it works as well as i need it to work. 8)

shushu

Post by shushu »

SppedyDuh is maybe right.
Acording to the last table here:
http://area51.phpbb.com/statcvs/" target="_blank
Named "Commit Activity (per author)"
There are only 2 changes in the code for March.

q3utom

Post by q3utom »

Just because it hasn't been committed doesn't mean they aren't working on it. There maybe issues with a bit of code and time is always a factor.

If you read acyd burns blog he has been busy with a lot of real world work at the moment.

SpeedyDuh

Post by SpeedyDuh »

Well i don't care if they make one row addition per month for 50 years. as i said i'm happy with what i have.
i guess i should have added "please don't reply if you only want to tell me they are busy" in my post, it sounds funny unless it comes from the actual coders. :)

SolarFX

Post by SolarFX »

SpeedyDuh wrote: I'm not sure what you've been comparing, but i've been following the cvs for 3 months now, merging updates from cvs to my working forum every few weeks and last month or so there has been very little change in the code.. I've viewed all changes to files and checked what has changed and it's not a lot, hehe Very Happy

I'm beginning to wonder if they are actually doing something.. i don't mind though, it works as well as i need it to work. Cool
I've found people that agree with me. And I don't believe what SF says lately, they've had many problems with their servers in the past month. And you never know how much has changed from the two that I have to the two you have.

Only a dev can really tell us how much has been done in the past month.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, margarita in one hand - chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO! - What a Ride!"

BioALIEN

Post by BioALIEN »

I've regularly updated my CVS copy. There are hidden commits/changes definatly taking place but not neccessarily documented in the cvs?

I know some of the bugs i discovered are now eleminated. :roll:
Last edited by BioALIEN on Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
BioALIEN
█ Secure your name before someone else does: TheMillionDollarAdvert.com
█ Get your permanent listing from $10 USD. You too can own a piece of internet history.
The moment you master the art of programming is the moment you program the art itself! - BioALIEN

SolarFX

Post by SolarFX »

I definately think there have been more than 2 commits this month... they wouldn't basically stop like that. I don't think they are "hidden" commits, I just think that SF just didn't show the commits because there was server problems at the time of the commits. Many of the servers are having tons of problems, I wonder what's going on over there...
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, margarita in one hand - chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO! - What a Ride!"

Spectral Dragon

Post by Spectral Dragon »

shushu wrote: SppedyDuh is maybe right.
Acording to the last table here:
http://area51.phpbb.com/statcvs/" target="_blank
Named "Commit Activity (per author)"
There are only 2 changes in the code for March.
I would think that developers would have the actual copy they do thier work with on thier own computers, meaning that they might do a LOT of work with nobody being able to tell. They can do a week of work and only commit one copy, which sometimes can show as only one "change." This is just a guess of course, I haven't seen how phpBB developers actually piece all of this together between all of them.