... Bug hunt... hard?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Acyd Burn

Re: ... Bug hunt... hard?

Post by Acyd Burn »

BioALIEN wrote: Thanks for clearing that up Acyd Burn, will they (multiple checkboxes and radios) be included in the final distro? Unless somebody up there in the CVS department feels kind enough to gift us something 8)
checkboxes and radio buttons are supported. A profile field consist of a... profile field. ;) If you want more than one checkbox, then create more than one profile field. The basic is field -> option and not field -> options (which would make storing the input a hell lot more complicate).

BioALIEN

Post by BioALIEN »

Acyd Burn, I've found it. Its in the boolean Yes/No I can see how you guys done it. Very clever indeed :P

So for multiple radios and checkboxes just add more boolean fields. Great validation system im must say. Although i've had problems updating the user profile once these extra fields have been added. Also the options i've added for boolean dont show any values only a "[ ] Array" word. But its a CVS copy so its understandable. ;)

One question which im interested in knowing is how extreme should we use these fields? Say if i want to add a drop down list of ALL countries for the user to choose from (245 items). Do you think that needs to be a MOD with its separate database table or just go crazy with profile fields? :twisted: :mrgreen:
Last edited by BioALIEN on Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BioALIEN
█ Secure your name before someone else does: TheMillionDollarAdvert.com
█ Get your permanent listing from $10 USD. You too can own a piece of internet history.
The moment you master the art of programming is the moment you program the art itself! - BioALIEN

Acyd Burn

Post by Acyd Burn »

Since only the option id is stored with the users profile field row and the options only once it should not be that server intense.

But now please refrain from asking more questions because we do not support the CVS copys (and something might change rendering my answer useless - not this, but in general). ;)

Beginning with the first beta release we will open up a bug tracker for reporting bugs.

BioALIEN

Post by BioALIEN »

Thanks again Acyd Burn, now for taking the time to point all this out for me I shall do the same for you ;)

As stated in your blog:
"rather good/reliable work than fast/buggy work"
It seems you created your signature very fast since the name of the link to your blog = Teh Blog -> The Blog

Consider us even steven hehe :mrgreen:
BioALIEN
█ Get your permanent listing from $10 USD. You too can own a piece of internet history.
The moment you master the art of programming is the moment you program the art itself! - BioALIEN

SamG

Post by SamG »

I think the odds are highly in favor of "Teh Blog" being intentional ...
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood

Acyd Burn

Post by Acyd Burn »

indeed. :)

SolarFX

Post by SolarFX »

:lol: I've been experimenting more, and I've discovered 3 major breaks and 6 minor bugs (language erors, etc). A huge improvement since last week, now that I've compared them side-by-side.

Does this mean that there were commits and SF just didn't send out the tracker e-mails? I didn't get any, however phpBB 2 is being worked on... maybe a .14 coming out soon.

This looks very promising. I'm excited! Hehe... anyone want to bet on the day it hits Beta? ;) I'll lay $500 (USD) on the 28th of this March. :lol:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, margarita in one hand - chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO! - What a Ride!"

BioALIEN

Post by BioALIEN »

Thats a very random date why? I would have thought 1st April, makes a very good April Fools joke. Think about it, programmers all like surprises, like breaking the mould. Just as with Gmail last year ;)

I feel weird inside. After 2 years of waiting... the devs are finally homing in on that ever elusive open deadline. Anybody else feeling funny inside? :oops:
BioALIEN

rivaldo

Post by rivaldo »

BioALIEN wrote: Thats a very random date why? I would have thought 1st April, makes a very good April Fools joke. Think about it, programmers all like surprises, like breaking the mould. Just as with Gmail last year ;)

I feel weird inside. After 2 years of waiting... the devs are finally homing in on that ever elusive open deadline. Anybody else feeling funny inside? :oops:
Feeling funny inside? Must be diarrhea. :?

Come back in mid-summer. A date around the middle of the year is probably more likely.

SolarFX

Post by SolarFX »

BioALIEN wrote: Thats a very random date why? I would have thought 1st April, makes a very good April Fools joke. Think about it, programmers all like surprises, like breaking the mould. Just as with Gmail last year ;)

That's what everyone is expecting, April 1st. You proved my point, random, people wouldn't expect it. :wink: IT's going to be the 28th...

Hehe, I'm not feeling... funny inside... Hehe, just... excited.

ADHD dasl;alk gffvj klfdggism zdddfb;jv lhfdbrrrrrrrrrnjnpod j0nczm,csdffv sffgd

8O
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, margarita in one hand - chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO! - What a Ride!"