Some People Angry

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
rivaldo

Re: Some People Angry

Post by rivaldo »

I thought quick reply isn't a part of 3.0, right?

kieroth_whiteleaf

Post by kieroth_whiteleaf »

I thought it was, I could be wrong.

Doesn't happen much, but there's a second time for everything ;)

And if it's not there, it most certainly will be before I unleash it on my site's users :P

SFG

Magnotta

Post by Magnotta »

no, the dev's have stated many times that Quick Reply won't be a feature in Olympus.

BioALIEN

Post by BioALIEN »

I have a feeling the devs are teasing us. It wont be for phpbb3.0 out of respect to their stance on not adding any new features. But it may magically appear in phpbb3.1/3.2

Only time will tell.. unless the magic fairy comes and sprinkles some pimp dust!

As with regards to phpbb and the direction it is heading. The devs know what they're doing. Just like they kept phpbb2.x alive they will always offer an alternative. And you'll be surprised how much *FURTHER* you can take phpbb whether its a forum or a portal.
BioALIEN
█ Secure your name before someone else does: TheMillionDollarAdvert.com
█ Get your permanent listing from $10 USD. You too can own a piece of internet history.
The moment you master the art of programming is the moment you program the art itself! - BioALIEN

kieroth_whiteleaf

Post by kieroth_whiteleaf »

Okay.. So I'll have to mod with quick reply ;P

See?? Apparently there *IS* still a mod market :)

SFG

Uchiha Nick

Post by Uchiha Nick »

dont want many features? use the 2.0 series
you want a lot of features without screwing to much? Olympus ( when its done of course )

overall it comes down to what you, the user want. so is the choice, but dont insult/attack others while doing it. if one dislikes all features on Olympus for example, use the 2.0 line. not a complete feature set, but thanks to the mods it can be exactly like you want.

MOD community killed? dont think so. there will always be new features requested

but then, this is my oppinion :roll:

JPortal

Post by JPortal »

Wait a minute, is this guy saying phpBB 3 has TOO MANY features?
Holy cow, that's like...
phpBB is still tiny in comparison to vB and most other forum software.
psoTFX commented that he regretted putting the birthday feature in, but that's not much. ALL of the added features I think are great, well planned out, simple to use and very optimized. This guy doesn't know what he's talking about :?

matt z

Post by matt z »

AbelaJohnB wrote:
Doe Ray Me wrote: look at this, What a person i talk to thinks of phpbb 3.0.0 and what John Abela said

Hmmm, would you mind explaining to me (John B. Abela) what in the hell you are talking about?

Why are you using my name in this post? I've got nothing to do with any of this. :evil:
I'm pretty sure that the relevant portion of that sentence parses to "What a person I talk to thinks of what John Abela said"

And doesn't really reflect on you at all (nor does it appear to have been intended to), Mr. Abela. It seems, rather, to be someone else's asinine comments to something you may have said about the development of phpBB3.

Doe Ray Me

Post by Doe Ray Me »

Correct ^^ thanks, sorry about the confusion john, wont happen again :oops: