From AbelaJohnB To All The Complainers & Unloyal phpBB'e

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Yokhnanan

From AbelaJohnB To All The Complainers & Unloyal phpBB'e

Post by Yokhnanan »

I've had about a dozen people approach me, complaining to me, and other unmentionables over the last 24 hours... I'm getting sick of this. I'm not even involved in phpBB anymore and this is getting pathetic.

Let me say this to ALL of you (minus those loyal phpBB Team Members... you know who you are and are NOT)

phpBB is where it is today because of a VERY small handful of people. At one point phpBB was kept alive by three people: Paul (psoTFX), I (AbelaJohnB) and Frank (ffeingol). Sure, there were others on the phpBB Team who helped with tech support, but they are groupies who likely would have gone elsewhere had phpBB collapsed.

I read all you people bitching and whining about the development cycle of phpBB, and this is all I have to say, because it is all worth saying:

When was the last time YOU PEOPLE were involved in a project that got nominated for the WEBBY Awards? When was the last time YOU PEOPLE where involved in a project the size of phpBB? Hmm, I doubt you EVER have! The FACT of these many issues you are bitching about is simply: We DID and have accomplish that!

phpBB is where it is today because of a few very devoted people, with Paul (psoTFX) in the VERY front of that group of people. Respect him and his involvement or move on. That is my advice.

Maybe one percent of you people (including those involved in the 'Team') have the slightest idea what goes on behind the scene of phpBB and the decisions that were and are made. Yet you continue to moan, complain, yell and *beep*.

There are VERY few people who over the last three years have given a damn enough to keep phpBB alive and moving forward. I would like to suggest that the 99% of you reading this, who are not one of those people, stop your complaining and keep these facts in mind.

To those of you apart of the phpBB Team who've started too fork phpBB. I would suggest you leave. You are unloyal SOB's and do not deserve the respect to even have your name associated with phpBB.

To those of you who've been loyal and faithful Team Members over the years, my respect goes out to you! I would encourage you to support the Development Team and... well... it should have been you guys posting this message not me... I am no longer involved, you are. Support your leaders, support yourself, support the Community. Or, leave.

To those of you are are just average joe's and jane's (users of phpBB), remember you are using a FREE product produced by VOLUNTEER developers and support staff. If you don't like it, go elsewhere. There are a lot of other people out there who will gladly take your money out of your pockets and give you what you think you want. But ask them before you open that wallet, "What awards has your product been nominated for? Has your product been put up against Google, Yahoo, and the like? How many times has your product been downloaded? How much do you pay your developers?" When you get an answer back (which I doubt you even would), perhaps stop and consider what Paul (psoTFX) and a handful of other people who do care about phpBB have given to millions without asking or demanding from those using it!

That is all I have to say. I will now disappear back into the wood where I enjoy roaming and being at peace.

John B. Abela
aka: AbelaJohnB
Former phpBB Group Member

SamG

Re: From AbelaJohnB To All The Complainers & Unloyal php

Post by SamG »

Yokhnanan wrote: ... That is all I have to say. I will now disappear back into the wood where I enjoy roaming and being at peace.
Replies then will be unnecessary, for now ...