phpBB 3.0.0?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
phpbb???

phpBB 3.0.0?

Post by phpbb??? »

When will phpBB 3.0.0 be released?

Yoda_IRC

Re: phpBB 3.0.0?

Post by Yoda_IRC »

Nobody really knows, people have been asking the question for a while. I am sure however that a nice admin will make some kind of anouncment when they are ready.

There was a pool on this at some point not sure if it still exists,

The date "Late Febuary/Early March" floated around a while ago but that was before phpBBs webserver got hacked (thanks to AWStats) and then they had to release php 2.0.12 and .13 for a seurity problem

My guess is it will be released sometime after its finished ;)

Expect this thread to be locked or deleted.

TheMole

Post by TheMole »

I heard it will be released a day after it's finished. Or maybe even the day it is finished. That's how soon.
"It's a fiction like all history, it's been distorted until it makes sense" - Andy Yorke

link92

Post by link92 »

TheMole wrote: I heard it will be released a day after it's finished. Or maybe even the day it is finished. That's how soon.
It's the day after the day before it's finished...
Bored as hell. May as well put myself through the (X)HTML validator to see how invalid I am.

MHobbit

Post by MHobbit »

Not this question again?!?! :x

3.0 "Olympus" will be released when it will! A quick search of these forums will reveal tons of other times your question has been asked.

Developers have lives to tend to, as do us all. Their lives and free time impact the release date. ;)
Former phpBB MOD Team Member - No support offered via IM, PM, or email

Dunvallo

Post by Dunvallo »

Well, I guess the devs are provoking this question by linking the area51 when the main site is down. However, since more people learn about the upcoming 3.0 (I don't think anyone would ask twice), perhaps we should be grateful for the questions. It shows the interest in PhpBB. ;)

Virtuality

Post by Virtuality »

A quick search of these forums will reveal tons of other times your question has been asked.
Searching is impossible but still.
"phpBB3 is never late. Nor is it early. It arrives precisely when it means to."

phpbb???

Post by phpbb??? »

Yoda_IRC wrote: Expect this thread to be locked or deleted.
Why would this thread be deleted or locked we are discussing when phpBB 3.0.0 will be released?

Yoda_IRC

Post by Yoda_IRC »

Virtuality wrote: Searching is impossible but still.
not exactly, You cannot use the boards search feature, but the links to differant topics seem to be working so if you flick through a couple of pages you can see that several people have disscussed this before us.

Why would it be locked? Well on past experiance most topics about release date tended to turn nasty, and were consiquently locked, look for "release date" topic think its on page 3, that was locked as were a couple other ones. I think if we don't start insulting staff or anything we should be ok but there is always someone who tends to take things too far and ruin it for the rest of us.

plus we don't really have much orriginal or new to contribute to release date disscusion cause nobody really knows, (apart from maybe the developers and even then they would be guessing (unless they got a time machine or summit so can see when its finished, if they do have a time machine would they mind going into future to grab me a copy of phpBB3? ;) ))

agent00shoe

Post by agent00shoe »

HAY GUYS I HEARD OLYMPUS WAS FINISHED. IS THIS TRUE? WHERE CAN I GET IT? WOOT!!!!

(kidding)