Why not Beta

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Grrrrump

Re: Why not Beta

Post by Grrrrump »

Unless, of course, the developers have not been joking about having their backs to the wall. In that case, they might not have the luxury of holding their cards close for 3.0.0 ... they may be forced to wait until another day.
"I hate trolls!" ~ Willow Ufgood
APTX

Post by APTX »

Martin Blank wrote: Look at the features that are available here and not in the SF CVS (not as many anymore, but some are there).
Like what?? In theory the CVS should be more up to date than this board and if you would ask me it really is (eg. You can use search or the 'topics you have posted to' feature works).
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!
Graham

Post by Graham »

I love watching topics like this, they make me laugh every time :mrgreen:
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!
Heimidal

Post by Heimidal »

Graham wrote: I love watching topics like this, they make me laugh every time :mrgreen:
:D
the_dan

Post by the_dan »

Just cos you both know somthing we don't :P

Dan
kieroth_whiteleaf

Post by kieroth_whiteleaf »

There won't be a version 3.0. This entire thing is just a really really big psychology experiment to see how long end-users will continue to visit a page where supposed development is occuring.

They're just messing with our heads guys...

BTW: This whole post is a joke. I like conspiracy theories and I've got a bad sense of humor.

SFG
Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

APTX wrote:
Martin Blank wrote: Look at the features that are available here and not in the SF CVS (not as many anymore, but some are there).
Like what?? In theory the CVS should be more up to date than this board and if you would ask me it really is (eg. You can use search or the 'topics you have posted to' feature works).
I believe Usergroups are in better shape here than they are in the CVS. I haven't looked at an installation since, oh, late January or so, but I do read the diffs posted at the Check-Ins site, and I've not seen terribly much on the groups there.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.
stubbers

Post by stubbers »

Oh dear, I can almost see them coming to get you with pitchforks!! :lol: What the heck is going on here, it seems like there is a neverending source of topics gone bad, i hate to bump it back up, but if i don't someone else wil :lol:
Graham wrote: I love watching topics like this, they make me laugh every time
It's really quite funny

Oh yeah, and would someone kill me (moderators) if I created an official conspiracy theory thread in here, save you time moulding em all together!
kieroth_whiteleaf

Post by kieroth_whiteleaf »

Ooohh... I'll help with the conspiracy theories.. I've got a few more elaborate ones, just didn't want to take it too far :P

SFG
Dunvallo

Post by Dunvallo »

I think the 3.0 version is long finished. They haven't released it, so the new features are not copied by other boards. It will all be released in PhpBB 4.0, which they are developing at the moment. It's in quite good shape already and should be complete in a year or so.

Most remarkable features include:
- database optimizations making the database 37% smaller and 74% faster than in PhpBB 2.0.13
- new intrusion detection system, that detect if anyone is trying one of the common Php and mSsql exploits and automatically blocks him
- wizard mode for admins: Just answer some simple questions and your PhpBB will be become a forum, portal, CMS, image gallery, download area or real-time chaat tailored to your needs
- auto adapting to your homepage: Just point the PhpBB 4.0 setup to the root of your homepage and PhpBB will automatically create a skin fitting the colours, layout and style of your homepage
- auto updating: PhpBB will automatically update itself and any mods installed

:D