Now it's late-Feb/early-March!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
msibm

Now it's late-Feb/early-March!

Post by msibm »

I will come here several times one day. :mrgreen:

agent00shoe

Re: Now it's late-Feb/early-March!

Post by agent00shoe »

I thought it was late June/early July. :twisted:

the_dan

Post by the_dan »

msibm wrote: I will come here several times one day. Mr. Green
Don't hold your breath...

q3utom

Post by q3utom »

Be easier to sign up to the sourceforge mailing lists or phpbb mailing list.

Magnotta

Post by Magnotta »

msibm wrote: I will come here several times one day. :mrgreen:
.....you need to get out more.

msibm

Post by msibm »

Magnotta wrote:
msibm wrote: I will come here several times one day. :mrgreen:
.....you need to get out more.
Thank you. I'll accept your advice.

Amirsan

Post by Amirsan »

I think the dev's should make an official announcement of thier progress. And tell people if they plan to stick on the schedule or make a new one, and state which month or time period is thier goal of hoping to finish the final version.

I didn't say they should make a release date, I said they should post thier GOAL and when they HOPE to get it all done and finished so we get an idea of how to plan our use.

You know, there are many large sites and business' depending on this version and hoping to use it, therefore they need a time period to plan; for example, myself, I am contemplating if I should skin my IPB board or wait a couple more weeks for phpbb 3 and just skin directly to phpbb.

Thats the dilema I am facing aswell as others, therefore a small time range would be beneficial to me aswell as others.

shuyki

Post by shuyki »

I agree. I'm not exactly in a rush to see phpBB3 released (my life does not depend upon it), but a rough timeframe would be useful in planning how long I have to finish and test the code I'm working on.

Even an estimate of the current completion % of phpBB3 would be very helpful.

Ybarra

Post by Ybarra »

Goals become release dates.

Repeat

When a developer posts a goal, the community ALWAYS turns it into a release date.

They could post some type of progress, but the 30 min it takes to do that is better spent actually working on the project.

How much have to donated to the PHPBB project, in terms of development time and money? Your privilege to know is directly proportionate to the amount of time and money you've given to the developers of any particular project. If you've neither paid nor contributed, you really shouldn't expect the developers to tell you anything. Any information (hell...the project itself) is a gift to you and you should simply be appreciative. Anything else is flat out greedy.

Muiter

Post by Muiter »

Amirsan wrote: Thats the dilema I am facing aswell as others, therefore a small time range would be beneficial to me aswell as others.
I totally agree with you. Rigth now I should rebuild my 2.1 forum but I'm afraid when I'm finnished Olympus will be released and I have spent a lot time for nothing.