Nag nag on the release date

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
grrrlromeo

Re: Nag nag on the release date

Post by grrrlromeo »

It's a good thing the moderators know what they're doing and can tell the difference between someone asking for a release date and someone asking how to be kept informed.

I have faith in the moderators.

Do YOU?

Can I get an AMEN!
I can't delete my signature.
canavar19

Post by canavar19 »

Hi,

i'm a developer too so i could understand don't say any date about finishing. But a lot of guys waiting for phpBB 3.0 for a long time. i think it is a good behavior saying something about current status.

Best Regards.
grön

Post by grön »

grrrlromeo wrote: It's a good thing the moderators know what they're doing and can tell the difference between someone asking for a release date and someone asking how to be kept informed.

I have faith in the moderators.

Do YOU?

Can I get an AMEN!
AMEN BROTHER/SISTER/THANG
Get Firefox and install the BBcode extension; then you are a real forum power user!
My reason for using phpBB is mrgreen
Peace-Love-Unity-STRENGTH
Natan

Post by Natan »

canavar19 wrote: Hi,

i'm a developer too so i could understand don't say any date about finishing. But a lot of guys waiting for phpBB 3.0 for a long time. i think it is a good behavior saying something about current status.

Best Regards.
They have given a status. They're expecting a beta release sometime this month. However, with two recent releases of v2.x.x, plus the recent hack into the system, a delay is expected :(
"You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person."
q3utom

Post by q3utom »

Hahah when a beta/final is released no one will be able to download it as I can imagine several thousand users trying to get it at the same time.
the_dan

Post by the_dan »

q3utom wrote: Hahah when a beta/final is released no one will be able to download it as I can imagine several thousand users trying to get it at the same time.
Sourceforges servers will be able to cope.

Hopefully :P

Dan
sparkbalze

Post by sparkbalze »

I'd be extremely surprised if sourceforge couldn't cope with that.

The amount of hosted files and the fact it works in mirrors would generally mean the load is spread across them all.

Most servers will cope with a fair few concurrent downloads.
APTX

Post by APTX »

phpBB is not the size of a DVD...
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!
sparkbalze

Post by sparkbalze »

Was that aimed at me? if so...I know, I update my copy every 2 weeks.

I merely used it in a sense that many other downloads will be occuring too. Just because a beta of this is out, doesn't mean it'll be the only thing available...
RBH

Post by RBH »

The only thing I would ask of the devs at the moment is that if they feel they won't make a release period they had previously stated, they'd let us know.

So we should be pretty damn close to the beta! :D