Nag nag on the release date

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Cartman

Nag nag on the release date

Post by Cartman »

I read this forum regularly, but I seldom post anything.
I belong to the crazy people that think that phpBB is one of the best things ever developed.
But actually I think that the main reason I come here is just to see news on the release-date.
And I do believe that the majority of visitors are here for exactly the same reason.

Somehow we are afraid to miss the release of 3.0 by a week.
-Oh no. Disaster. I'm not first! :mrgreen:

Is there some way to easily keep me and others informed on just the releasedate? I think not. But however much work this would mean for the developers, I think that it would be less than having to tell everybody off all the time. Locking threads and banning complaints.

I am (ofcourse) a member of the mailing list on phpbb.com.
Is that maybe the best way to keep informed?
Will the 3.0 be announced there?
Can I relax and be certain that the anxious visitors on the forum will be informed no sooner than I will be, through this mailing list?
Wouldn't it be a good idea to have an updated text on the development work (without having to get to technical and spend to much time with it) on this forum?

I am certain this will save the developers time.

I just want to be kept informed. That's all.
No harm ment.

/My five nickles.
BenP

Re: Nag nag on the release date

Post by BenP »

3.0 will be announced on phpbb.com and you will recieve a mail from the list.

Thats it really.
Natan

Post by Natan »

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=249416" target="_blank
"You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person."
APTX

Post by APTX »

You can bookmark this topic, scroll down to this post every day to read the magic quote:
All dev's wrote: When it's done.
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!
alexro

Post by alexro »

It will be released when it's done.

The last estimation was betas by late feb or early march.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
mansuetus

Post by mansuetus »

Well 3.0 will be announced, but what about the betas ?!

I think almost everyone here want to have the beta too !
Petite publicité pour mon site : on présente des horoscopes qui tuent, on propose des tests,
et si tu cherches bien, tu verras même un phpBB :-)
viens sur spontex.org !
Dunvallo

Post by Dunvallo »

You can sign up for the notifications at sourceforge, every release will be automatically mailed to you. This will also give you an advantage of about 5-20 minutes to the normal mailing list. ;)
Natan

Post by Natan »

Dunvallo wrote: This will also give you an advantage of about 5-20 minutes to the normal mailing list. ;)
And some people are just dying sooooo much that they'd jump on it in a second. :roll:
"You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person."
stubbers

Post by stubbers »

Come on guys, use your common sense. This is a free product, there IS NO RELEASE DATE, is it that hard to beleive that the devs don't have one. Do you want to know why, because they don't want to dissapoint their users. They know that they cannot let phpBB dictate their lives. If something important comes up then they have to do that first. You just don't seem to understand that they do this off their own backs. Pull your heads in, for the good of the forum and phpBB.

Frankly right now i don't give a stuff about the release date, i'm fine with whenever it's done. I want a peice of software that works, not one thats rushed to get out early because of a group of irritating naggers. Just sign up to the list and you'll get the release information when it is released. I come here for news on the progress, and to give the devs a hand supporting users, if they need it and my small amount of knowledge can help.

So anyway theres my five cents worth!!
Alfatrion

Post by Alfatrion »

Cartman wrote: Can I relax and be certain that the anxious visitors on the forum will be informed no sooner than I will be, through this mailing list?
Then again, if they where to know it sooner,then you don't have to put with less people trying to download the package at the same time, and that equals a higher availiblity or higher download speed.
With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility