Stupid question about snapshots

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Luciano

Stupid question about snapshots

Post by Luciano »

As I cannot search.. sorry if this question was posted before.

It is not an importat issue but I was wondering:

I noticed that the cvs snapshots posted here (phpbb 2.0.xx as well as 2.1.x) have different filesizes for every snapshot.

this can have several reasons:
1 being the tar/tip routine used works differently every time
2 being that the dates of the files as the always change cause slight variations when being zipped/tared
3. someone modified the code..

In the last case I would like to upgrade (as there could be something new)
that goes for phpbb 2.0.xx and for 2.1.x

for 2.1.x I do it every 2 weeks I think thats reasonable to see what has changed/been improved.

But for 2.0.xx, as the filesizes are also different at every cvs-snapshot, does that mean, ttat if I wanted to make sure allways to run the newest version (on a test-site, not a live-site of course) I would have to check every 2 hours???? Download... file compare etc...

Or is there another way to see if something really has changed in the code

As I said its not important (as i am not going to download every 2 hours) but I am just curious.

Luc

Dunvallo

Re: Stupid question about snapshots

Post by Dunvallo »

The snapshots are changing every time, because at some files contain dates which are changed with every snapshot. Look in the directorys called "cvs" (I think that's their name).
If you want to stay up to date with code changed on PhpBB 2.1, have a look at the checkins: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/foru ... um_id=2657" target="_blank

Luciano

Re: Stupid question about snapshots

Post by Luciano »

Thanxs!!

helps a lot!

Luc