phpBB Boards are getting attacked by a strange group

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
[K]yNaZo

phpBB Boards are getting attacked by a strange group

Post by [K]yNaZo »

Yes, some of us have heard of team [NGH] they where responsible for taking down the mcafee support site and the mcafee main site, and imesh.com and some few other websites, it all started with spamming and breaking mysql databases, after that they are using some brute ways to attack a server, and I am not sure if it is team [NGH] who is responsible for attacking phpBB.com - if it is them (I think that), then they are really good. But in the mean while, I have counted all the hacked boards by team [NGH] and we have counted around 262 hacked boards, famous boards and unfamous. But my question is : what will phpBB.com do against these hackers, they also have hacked vbulletin and invision powerboards. And someone has posted on a warez board that the leader is only fourteen years old. What can we do against them?

psoTFX

Re: phpBB Boards are getting attacked by a strange group

Post by psoTFX »

phpbb.com was attacked by simien or some such. What will we do? Given this group is based out of, AFAIK, Brazil there isn't much "worth" doing quite frankly. Right now we're just trying to get the server operational. Annoyingly many such nations whinge and moan about the "digital divide" between themselves and North America, Europe, Japan and how terrible it is and it's need to be addressed. Yet these nations and their corporations frequently do nothing to properly administer their internet establishment.

I do find it offensive in the extreme that no matter the rights and wrongs of hacking/cracking or this groups motivations ... they attacked an opensource, free board which is apolitical, religion neutral and if anything gives people the ability to express their own such opinions freely. You'd think that a group so obviously trying to "spread a message" would think before doing something like this ... but then ya see, I don't think they actually care much about any message, they just want glory.

[K]yNaZo

Post by [K]yNaZo »

psoTFX wrote: phpbb.com was attacked by simien or some such. What will we do? Given this group is based out of, AFAIK, Brazil there isn't much "worth" doing quite frankly. Right now we're just trying to get the server operational. Annoyingly many such nations whinge and moan about the "digital divide" between themselves and North America, Europe, Japan and how terrible it is and it's need to be addressed. Yet these nations and their corporations frequently do nothing to properly administer their internet establishment.

I do find it offensive in the extreme that no matter the rights and wrongs of hacking/cracking or this groups motivations ... they attacked an opensource, free board which is apolitical, religion neutral and if anything gives people the ability to express their own such opinions freely. You'd think that a group so obviously trying to "spread a message" would think before doing something like this ... but then ya see, I don't think they actually care much about any message, they just want glory.
LOL, simien has announced his new name team [NGH]

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

What's the LOL for?

Philly22

Post by Philly22 »

Right now we're just trying to get the server operational. Annoyingly many such nations whinge and moan about the "digital divide" between themselves and North America, Europe, Japan and how terrible it is and it's need to be addressed. Yet these nations and their corporations frequently do nothing to properly administer their internet establishment.
Yes, cool; what about this one?

More than 40% of the SPAM sent worldwide originates from the United States

Now stick your racism up your ***, american trash.

jongartman

Post by jongartman »

Philly22 wrote:
Right now we're just trying to get the server operational. Annoyingly many such nations whinge and moan about the "digital divide" between themselves and North America, Europe, Japan and how terrible it is and it's need to be addressed. Yet these nations and their corporations frequently do nothing to properly administer their internet establishment.

how was that racist at all?

eqbeastlord

Post by eqbeastlord »

jongartman wrote:
Philly22 wrote:

how was that racist at all?
When all else fails, and you have no argument, resort to the racism card.

Philly22

Post by Philly22 »

It was racist because he blaimed a whole group of nations because of what one single hacker did.

JPortal

Post by JPortal »

Paul isn't even American, is he? He's from the UK, right? :lol:

eqbeastlord

Post by eqbeastlord »

Philly22 wrote: It was racist because he blaimed a whole group of nations because of what one single hacker did.
I think you read a bit into what he said. No where does he blame a whole group of nations for this attack.