phpbb 2.2 exactly like IPB?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Cyprus

Re: phpbb 2.2 exactly like IPB?

Post by Cyprus »

hi everyone. where can i get a preview of how the new phpbb will look like. and all the new features it will have.

thank you
b3rx

Post by b3rx »

you posted in the wrong thread my friend. well, what you see here, in this particular forum (area51) is the new phpBB [Olympus]. and if you want to try it yourself (no support) go to http://area51.phpbb.com/cvs/
b3rx.com

"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing..."

Image Image Image
-jm-

Post by -jm- »

Please could you state what features in your opinion were copied from vB 3 to phpBB 3 dev version that were still not existant as mod for 2.x ?

About ACP ... I saw both vB trial and phpBB 2.1 (built 3/11) ... And IMO while vB trial ACP was a nightmare, I found serious problem only while trying configuring forum permission on phpBB 2.1. And in this forum psoTFX said that they will work around permission system until the final version.

same question to another person ... what features non already existant as mods for 2.x are copied in your opinion from ipb to phpbb3?

garble wrote:
Last edited by on Today 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total
User was (temp) banned for this post.
[cut]
Does that information mean that solar got banned?
If I don't misinterpretate that quoted note, it should be a temporary ban.
dhn

Post by dhn »

Guys, if you have a problem or a question regarding certain acts of moderation, please PM one of the team leaders. Do not, I repeat, do not derail a topic with complaining, that has nothing to do with the decision at hand.
tbsn

Post by tbsn »

if it looks like this then you may aswell use IPB, it will be exactly the same as this
dhn

Post by dhn »

tbsn wrote: if it looks like this then you may aswell use IPB, it will be exactly the same as this
The new style will look totally different from this current one (as mentioned multiple times before). Thread closed, as I cannot see any intelligent discussion happening here. I have no idea how this became 10 pages.