phpbb 2.2 exactly like IPB?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
SolarFX

Re: phpbb 2.2 exactly like IPB?

Post by SolarFX »

tbsn wrote: but in this case Phpbb copied IPB, just admit it
Dude, lay off! Almost all of the features in here have been suggested in a well documented database by people who see an idea on another forum, and then they want to see it in phpBB. But many of the features seen in other forums were Modifications on phpBB (2.x) before they were suggested to go on releases over on other BBs. The only reason they can spit out a release with these features built in faster is because they have people paying for their product and thus it is their job! phpBB is volunteer work. There is no copying involved as the code is completely different! There is nothing to admit.

Quit trolling.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, margarita in one hand - chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO! - What a Ride!"
Atlantis Services

Post by Atlantis Services »

Code: Select all

+-------------------+             .&#58\&#58\&#58/&#58/&#58.            
         |   PLEASE DO NOT   |            &#58.&#58\&#58\&#58/&#58/&#58.&#58           
         |  FEED THE TROLLS  |           &#58=.' -   - '.=&#58          
         |                   |           '=(\ 9   9 /)='          
         |   Thank you,      |              (  (_)  )             
         |       Management  |              /`-vvv-'\             
         +-------------------+             /         \            
                 |  |        @@@          / /|,,,,,|\ \           
                 |  |        @@@         /_//  /^\  \_\          
   @x@@x@        |  |         |/         WW(  (   )  )WW          
   \||||/        |  |        \|           __\,,\ /,,/__           
    \||/         |  |         |          (______Y______)          
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
==================================================================
Ask yourself, how much do you pay for bandwidth each month? Was it you or your host who decided what services you were to pay for? - Coming Summer 2005 Atlantis Services
SolarFX

Post by SolarFX »

Sometimes it's necessary, they might choke on the food you give them. :wink:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, margarita in one hand - chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO! - What a Ride!"
Uchiha Nick

Post by Uchiha Nick »

i really dont understand some.. first complaining because they want the features, and now theyre here and they start about phpBB ripping things? come on, download a trial version and only check out the BBcode, its the frikin same, go to a IPB board and you'll see it. really if you guys think IPB is better then use it
php4ever

Post by php4ever »

Uh, whats IPB?
psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

Good response.
tbsn

Post by tbsn »

php4ever wrote: Uh, whats IPB?
Ivision Power Board, it looks very similar to this
php4ever

Post by php4ever »

tbsn; thanks;
I knew that I was just being a wise-guy. I've seen this argument in other forums and know it must be from the same guy or group. Likely employees of IPB. PhpBB is as good and often better than many other boards. I honeslty like them PhpBB, vBulliten, and IPB. I'm running demos of each.

Jared.
SamG

Post by SamG »

If I have to go through the history of who got inspired by whom and when right before I lock this, I can do that. The other, better option I'm seeing at the moment is that we move along to more useful discussion.
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood
tbsn

Post by tbsn »

well i have nothing to do with IPB, i hate it just PHPBB is turning into IPB