phpbb 2.2 exactly like IPB?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Locked
Uchiha Nick
Registered User
Posts: 397
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:21 am
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: phpbb 2.2 exactly like IPB?

Post by Uchiha Nick »

tbsn wrote: Why? its horrible, IPB is the worst ever thats why people got Phpbb, but now its changing into the complicated IPB which no ones knows how to use because its so crap, so why did you do it? :?:
i heard a lot of people complaining about the small number of features, now the DEV team does create more and now give them this? omfg, really, i love the way it's now :D
Image
JPortal
Registered User
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:42 pm

Re: phpbb 2.2 exactly like IPB?

Post by JPortal »

q3utom wrote: At first it seems complex but it isnt once you know how.
Why? Because we're all used to phpBB 2.0.x. Going to 3.0 is a big change; once you're used to it, you realise that the changes are for the better. Kind of like going from Windows to Linux, or Windows to Mac.... or dumping Windows, period. :?
APTX
Registered User
Posts: 680
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:07 pm

Re: phpbb 2.2 exactly like IPB?

Post by APTX »

Umm... 2.x was never like windows.
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!
eyes sama
Registered User
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:51 am

Re: phpbb 2.2 exactly like IPB?

Post by eyes sama »

1. I thought people like ipb better than phpbb.
2. What the hell are you smoking? Phpbb 3.0 is much better than 2.0. You shouldn't make random comments without backing up what you say. I am happy as long as I get somthing new.
Atlantis Services
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:13 am
Contact:

Re: phpbb 2.2 exactly like IPB?

Post by Atlantis Services »

tbsn wrote: Why? its horrible, IPB is the worst ever thats why people got Phpbb, but now its changing into the complicated IPB which no ones knows how to use because its so crap, so why did you do it? :?:
Dumb question, but where does someone download a copy of 2.2 or 3.0. I've looked over the CVS version and didn't find either.
Ask yourself, how much do you pay for bandwidth each month? Was it you or your host who decided what services you were to pay for? - Coming Summer 2005 Atlantis Services
Martin Blank
Registered User
Posts: 687
Joined: Sun May 11, 2003 11:17 am

Re: phpbb 2.2 exactly like IPB?

Post by Martin Blank »

The CVS is the latest version. There will now be no 2.2, and the 3.0 beta is still some ways off.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.
DeadEye686
Registered User
Posts: 448
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:18 pm
Contact:

Re: phpbb 2.2 exactly like IPB?

Post by DeadEye686 »

eyes sama wrote: 1. I thought people like ipb better than phpbb.
Some do, some don't. It's a matter of personal preference and determining what features are necessary for your application.
Spectral Dragon
Registered User
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: Milan, MI
Contact:

Re: phpbb 2.2 exactly like IPB?

Post by Spectral Dragon »

DeadEye686 wrote:
eyes sama wrote: 1. I thought people like ipb better than phpbb.
Some do, some don't. It's a matter of personal preference and determining what features are necessary for your application.
There are a lot more people using PhpBB than IBP
Wert
Registered User
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2001 8:33 pm

Re: phpbb 2.2 exactly like IPB?

Post by Wert »

tbsn wrote: Why? its horrible, IPB is the worst ever thats why people got Phpbb, but now its changing into the complicated IPB which no ones knows how to use because its so crap, so why did you do it? :?:
Image
Need good web hosting? I recommend Hostrocket.
q3utom
Registered User
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:53 pm
Location: folkestone, kent, uk
Contact:

Re: phpbb 2.2 exactly like IPB?

Post by q3utom »

JPortal wrote:
q3utom wrote: At first it seems complex but it isnt once you know how.
Why? Because we're all used to phpBB 2.0.x. Going to 3.0 is a big change; once you're used to it, you realise that the changes are for the better.

What your saying is agreeing with me though? I said it will be hard at first but will be easy once people are used to it.
JPortal wrote: or dumping Windows, period.
bit unrealistic as I don't see the average pc user been able to use linux ;)
Locked