What does the development team want from us?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Tedd

Re: What does the development team want from us?

Post by Tedd »

OddDuck wrote: Ditto!
I second that notion, and yes, it is OS independant, php has plug-in files for all sorts of web servers i think even macOS.
If I seem rude to you, you most likely deserved it, for I have no patience for dumb people and their pointless, stupid questions.
APTX

Post by APTX »

It is possible to write php which will error on win and work on unix. That's why I said should.
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!
cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

It is possible to write php which will error on win and work on unix.
And vice versa, but still nice general features and a nice environment for most common and popular OS's...
kieroth_whiteleaf

Post by kieroth_whiteleaf »

Different OS's have different implementations of php and different initial .ini settings - so a "vanilla" os install in some operating systems might support phpbb whilst others do not - usually a small bit of tweaking files fixes this on systems but that explains the discrepancies. Also, from what I remember (which is admittedly a scary concept) different xp patches change around settings for web services, so what works fine in one set may not work post-patch.

Although if you're using an XP webserver you're asking for it anyways, but that's just personal opinion.

However - if you're not able to work that stuff out on your own well enough to get the CVS to install, you've really got no business playing with it.

SFG