Is the upgrade script only going to work on 2.0.11

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
eyes sama

Is the upgrade script only going to work on 2.0.11

Post by eyes sama »

Is it? I didn't bother upgrading becuase there were only minor changes.

Or do you not know?

Virtuality

Re: Is the upgrade script only going to work on 2.0.11

Post by Virtuality »

From the comments I have seen earlier:
Tes, it will only be upgradable from 2.0.11.
"phpBB3 is never late. Nor is it early. It arrives precisely when it means to."

eyes sama

Post by eyes sama »

that is going to be a hassle.

Virtuality

Post by Virtuality »

Not really. Upgrading to 2.0.11 is not very hard. :P Actually, it's very simple.

On a sidenote: These changes are not "minor" at all. The latest upgrade fixes an extremley serious security issue, allowing, quoting psoTFX, "persons to install scripts, delete files and otherwise access your system". See http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=244451" target="_blank for more details.

espenhh

Post by espenhh »

It is PROBABLY (read what I say once more, PROBABLY, not SURE ;)) possible to upgrade from versions as early as phpBB 2.0.4 (or was it 2.0.6), since there hasn't been any database-changes later... But, once more, I don't know. I just guess :lol:
Espen

(Huge thanks to the phpBB-developers!!!)

Need Norwegian support????

the_dan

Post by the_dan »

If you are using 2.0.6 upwards then you will be able to upgrade fine. Anything less than 2.0.11 and you're an idiot, however.

Dan

Virtuality

Post by Virtuality »

Well it was said somewhere that upgrading from anything below 2.0.11 will not be supported, however, you might still be ABLE to do it.
But the upgrade script might even have a prevention against it... can still be modified of course.
Well, we'll see.

Graham

Post by Graham »

The upgrade script will support going from the latest released version of phpBB 2.0.x. It may[/b] work with earlier versions, but whether we'll support that I don't yet know.

However, you should not still be running old versions - if you are, your board may be at risk and you should update to 2.0.11
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

grön

Post by grön »

espenhh wrote: It is PROBABLY (read what I say once more, PROBABLY, not SURE ;)) possible to upgrade from versions as early as phpBB 2.0.4 (or was it 2.0.6), since there hasn't been any database-changes later... But, once more, I don't know. I just guess :lol:
No Db cghanges since 2.0.6 is corect, and I just want to clarify, if you want yout board to opereate upgrade to .11 or else you will be attacked by a worm and the godby
Get Firefox and install the BBcode extension; then you are a real forum power user!
My reason for using phpBB is mrgreen
Peace-Love-Unity-STRENGTH

grrrlromeo

Post by grrrlromeo »

Uhmm...I think I only used an install script once...the first time I installed phpbb. All other times I've done the minor upgrades, I've just replaced the necessary files/code.

Would it be possible to have an optional script just to upgrade the database and nothing else? Then those of us who know how to edit the code with the appropriate information can just upload the files. I would actually prefer to do it that way. I mean, if not then I guess I could alter the database myself. But I'm always uneasy when it comes to altering databases.
I can't delete my signature.