Convertor Team?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
SamG

Re: Convertor Team?

Post by SamG »

Graham wrote: As for what the team will really be doing, that will all become clear in time.....
In other words, right now nobody is too sure ...

:mrgreen:
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood

ElbertF

Post by ElbertF »

Well I am.. :P

thedrumchannell

Post by thedrumchannell »

I wouldn't mind more Christians using phpBB. :mrgreen: And I also would like to know what this team is about. Just curious & hope to understand soon.
"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15

Thedrumchannell
Prophecy Talk - World News & Bible Prophecy Information

soxie

Post by soxie »

thedrumchannell wrote: I wouldn't mind more Christians using phpBB. :mrgreen: And I also would like to know what this team is about. Just curious & hope to understand soon.
They are a team that converts things. ;)

:mrgreen:
brian.
http://itsbrian.blogspot.com/" target="_blank

bjarne

Post by bjarne »

Well if I'm not misstaken the converter team well build convortes so that people running other BBs can dump them and start using phpBB

ve4jhj

Post by ve4jhj »

although in this case i suspect it may have to do with converting 2.0.x to 3.0.0
NO PM or IM support offered!!
thank you!

grön

Post by grön »

ve4jhj wrote: although in this case i suspect it may have to do with converting 2.0.x to 3.0.0
nope, thats the words of satans, no work is needed to convert the holly phpBB, all will just work by the tusch of the holly insyall.
Get Firefox and install the BBcode extension; then you are a real forum power user!
My reason for using phpBB is mrgreen
Peace-Love-Unity-STRENGTH

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

I don't see any problem in making it public. Yes, it's a new team dedicated to ensuring phpBB 3.x has a range of high quality, effective and supported convertors come release.

Yes the most popular alternative boards will have convertors readied, no we won't say which boards they are just yet, no the team does not need additional members (so do not PM myself, Graham or indeed any other team member offering your services at this time).

Virtuality

Post by Virtuality »

Yes, it's a new team dedicated to ensuring phpBB 3.x has a range of high quality, effective and supported convertors come release.
Will the final release be hold until the convertors are finished? I mean, if 3.0 gets done before all the convertors are done, will it be released without the convertors, or will it be put on hold until they're finished?
"phpBB3 is never late. Nor is it early. It arrives precisely when it means to."

Graham

Post by Graham »

The release of phpBB and the release of the convertors is unrelated, although I see no reason to suggest that we won't have several convertor ready to go with the gold release of Olympus at the latest.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!