When will Olympus release ?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
msibm

When will Olympus release ?

Post by msibm »

Maybe this question has been answered many times, but I really really want to konw it. Sorry, and thanks a lot.
SamG

Re: When will Olympus release ?

Post by SamG »

There is no release date. The developers have indicated that the first beta might be available late February or early March.
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood
cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

msibm -- if you have not seen it, then you can find more related info here on phpBB Olympus:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=256072
msibm

Post by msibm »

Thanks
JustMe

Post by JustMe »

SamG wrote: There is no release date. The developers have indicated that the first beta might be available late February or early March.
count the phpbb x3 rule in...it takes usually 3 times as long
as all expect...I say early June :mrgreen:
...but as long as it is getting forward...lol...I told my
moderators we would update to 2.2 in about 6 months
...was about 2 years ago...time flies ;)
Glyde

Post by Glyde »

Well, I expect it to be before those hackers get into the current PHPBB and hack it to death like in Texas Chainsaw Massacure, but for now I would assume that the PHPBB team is doing everything in it's power to keep this board free for all, even if that means some delays. I mean, that's what counts, the free-ness, the wonderful stability, and the features.
grön

Post by grön »

Glyde wrote: Well, I expect it to be before those hackers get into the current PHPBB and hack it to death like in Texas Chainsaw Massacure, but for now I would assume that the PHPBB team is doing everything in it's power to keep this board free for all, even if that means some delays. I mean, that's what counts, the free-ness, the wonderful stability, and the features.
OMG I have got my hands on the source code, I hacked like hell ofr about 2sec to get it.
Get Firefox and install the BBcode extension; then you are a real forum power user!
My reason for using phpBB is mrgreen
Peace-Love-Unity-STRENGTH
msibm

Post by msibm »

There is still a long way.
smithy_dll

Post by smithy_dll »

Everytime the release date is asked, we have to delay it one day. :P (old joke)
seriously it just uses the teams time having to answer this question which is best put into handling support, MODs, styles, moderation and/or preparing for olympus
phpBB, its open source, become involved, write a modification!
Modifications Database | MOD Development Forum Rules | MOD Studio