Props to the Devs

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
DemonBob

Props to the Devs

Post by DemonBob »

Just downloaded and installed the latest CVS snapshot a minute ago. I wanted to get use to the ACP and other numerous options before the beta stage is hit.

All I can say, is WOW. This is such an improvement, it's speed, look, management. Is so much faster, cleaner, and easier.

mich181189

Re: Props to the Devs

Post by mich181189 »

Im l;ooking forward the the mass user deleting features (like validation reminders e.t.c)

Mini

Post by Mini »

I still hate the acp. The vB one is more clan and has more admin things to do.

PatrickStar4491

Post by PatrickStar4491 »

Well, did you realise that phpBB is like $160 cheaper.

APTX

Post by APTX »

Mini wrote: I still hate the acp. The vB one is more clan and has more admin things to do.
The acp is not a playground. (More clan :?: )
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!

DeadEye686

Post by DeadEye686 »

APTX wrote:
Mini wrote: I still hate the acp. The vB one is more clan and has more admin things to do.
The acp is not a playground. (More clan :?: )
Can't tell if this is tongue-in-cheek or not, but I think he was aiming for 'clean'. I disagree, and much prefer the phpBB3 ACP (having used both). However, he is certainly entitled to his opinion.

DemonBob

Post by DemonBob »

I feel that both IPB and VB's ACP are way too cluttered. Like trying to find a 3/4 socket in a bucket of 1000 other sockets, never can find the right tool for the job.

SolarFX

Post by SolarFX »

They all have strong points, however, IPB is my least favorite because it is so cluttered no matter where you go, the index... everything, not just the ACP. The NAV is soo cluttered, I bet every forum using it loses 15 members a day just because they can't navigate the damn thing. It takes me a good 5 seconds just to find the damn index page link in all that mess!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, margarita in one hand - chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO! - What a Ride!"

DemonBob

Post by DemonBob »

They all do have thier strong points, i'm not downing any of them. I do like the live feeds they have in the ACP to tell you of security risk and such. But thier just not my taste at all. Not to mention my wallet would cry at dishing out the money for them, when thier are plenty of better free options out thier.

What most people don't understand, I mean all the VB, IPB, and even PHPBB bashers out thier. Is that just because a peice of software does not do all you want it to do. It does not mean it's bad software. It just means it does not fit your needs, or your preferances.