phpBB 2.2 Integration

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
mastermike707

phpBB 2.2 Integration

Post by mastermike707 »

I downloaded a CVS and have it up and running, love it.
Anyway, I was just wondering, how are you coding authentication and such, I don't see those old session variables anymore. If you guys know anything about user authentication variables/what file they are defined, please tell me. I am trying to integrate my website into phpBB, so that every piece of it looks and acts as though they were one.

How do you make a login page in phpBB2.2? Is it like the old version with a form that is just submitted to login.php?
Only problem is, there is no login.php.
ve4jhj

Re: phpBB 2.2 Integration

Post by ve4jhj »

as i'm sure you'll hear very quickly, CVS is unsupported by the phpBB group....and some persons who frequent area51 tend to get very vocal about that :lol: as for authentication, i couldn't tell you, since i don't know, otherwise i'd be more than happy to help you off-site.

Enjoy Area51!
NO PM or IM support offered!!
thank you!
Graham

Post by Graham »

At this point in time, you're not going to get much assistance because the code is still in development and we don't support code that is still changing. However, I'm sure that by the time of the final release if not earlier there will be information provided on doing this.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!
Glyde

Post by Glyde »

Can we assume that the offical date is around this summer?
Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

There is no release date whatsoever. It may be this spring, this summer, or on November 17, 8972.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.
-jm-

Post by -jm- »

mastermike707 wrote: Only problem is, there is no login.php.
as i can see at the moment by using this board, ucp.php should contain code used for login. While you try logging in, check the url :) .

..... And no ... According to me we cannot assume that 2.2 will be gold around the summer because we don't know.
psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

As SHS` so eloquently says "Assumptions make an ass of u and me" ;)
mastermike707

Post by mastermike707 »

This really isn't a help request, its more of an information request, but if you guys think so, then go ahead and close this and I will just go to a different site that is willing to help me integrate my board and website.

Thanks.
Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

Anything that discusses the technical aspects of the code is considered support. Until the first beta is out, there is no support. Many projects work this way.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.
SamG

Post by SamG »

mastermike707 wrote: This really isn't a help request, its more of an information request, but if you guys think so, then go ahead and close this and I will just go to a different site that is willing to help me integrate my board and website.

Thanks.
Closed per user request.
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood