Progress of 2.2

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
mgbowen

Progress of 2.2

Post by mgbowen »

I must ask, at what Milestone are we at. I've gotten 2 answers to this, we are at M2 and M3. Can you tell me? :|

Graham

Re: Progress of 2.2

Post by Graham »

Milestone 2 has been completed, and the developers are currently working on Milestone 3 (which will be the last one before the Beta releases)
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

mgbowen

Post by mgbowen »

Do you have an idea when M3 will be completed.

APTX

Post by APTX »

Ok. This is the last milestone. The completion of it would mean that this board would be 2.2BETA. Nobody knows when. The beta may come this year but that is unlikely.
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!

cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

The beta may come this year but that is unlikely.
hmmmm, don't know about an 04 beta being unlikely, but we shall see; also noting that the CVS commit activity is likely "quiet" for good reasons... ;)

olger901

Post by olger901 »

Well if you read through some topics they were discussing if they should have an Easy/Advanced mode and some other stuff if I am correct, so if that is true, we might be not too far away from beta and as said the CVS activity is quiet which also shows something is hopefully going on.
-

Post by Guest »

Not to be a naysayer, but quiet CVS activity in most projects *USUALLY* means the opposite - nothing is getting sent to CVS because nothing is getting written.. and given psotfix's horrible habit of letting his personal life interfere with free code writing (joke, for the people who didn't catch it) and the fact that it's the holiday season, my (uninformed) money would be on that he hasn't been writing much lately.

Also, because 2.0.11 had to be released I would imagine that took a bit of time as well (although maybe not a whole lot)

That's just assumptions based on previous patterns though.

SFG

APTX

Post by APTX »

Since when can you post as a guest?

Anyways may assumption was made by looking at the number of commis in decembers of previous years. I compared that to what still needs to be done and to the very little time you have in december if you want to have a rich family life that is.
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!

JPortal

Post by JPortal »

APTX wrote:Since when can you post as a guest?

Anyways may assumption was made by looking at the number of commis in decembers of previous years. I compared that to what still needs to be done and to the very little time you have in december if you want to have a rich family life that is.
Yeah... everyone needs to lay off the developers. I mean, are you going to be coding on Christmas day?! OK, well, I probably will be, but I'm not exactly your average human.

But, I really don't think it'll take *that* long to prepare a beta. The only need to do a few things (from what I've seen)
  • Fix BBCode (BBCode/smilies are broken in my CVS version, which is pretty up-to-date)
  • ACP advanced/simple mode (not completely sure if they're actually doing this but I've heard they are)
  • Remove imagesets system (just something I would like to see done :mrgreen: )
From what I've seen, everything else is done...

olger901

Post by olger901 »

If you are talking about the CVS you are forgetting some things:

Fixing Bugs and they are there, I regularly got some SQL errors when working with the latest CVS version.
Implenting Group System which still isn't in the CVS version
Adapting the installer and including an upgrade version from the 2.0.x version

and there are also things we ofcourse don't know about that still might be added or fixed
-