It's December?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Masum

It's December?

Post by Masum »

Hmmmmmmmmm............it's the starting of December 2, 2004 so...how far to go? end of the month to be released the beta version of phpbb 2.2 or a NEW YEAR SURP!? which one> :S!~
Masum

Ptirhiik_

Re: It's December?

Post by Ptirhiik_ »

And what about wishing first and in place a happy Christmas and best wishes to the devs, other teams and to all the readers ? That would be far more constructive and nicer :).

SolarFX

Post by SolarFX »

Merry Christmas, happy Haunika (sorry for the bad spelling), happy New Years, and happy everything else to all! :) I know people are counting on a release, but don't work on Christmas or New Years (or the others), that would just be horrible. ;)
Last edited by SolarFX on Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, margarita in one hand - chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO! - What a Ride!"

JPortal

Post by JPortal »

The amount of work the devs have put into 2.2 (and 2.0, and 1.x) is amazing. Everyone else on this site wouldn't be able to complete a product half as good in ten years :P
OK, so I'm exaggerating. But still.

Spectral Dragon

Post by Spectral Dragon »

I'm just gonna copy and paste what I said in another thread :)
I think the developers deserve a much needed break for christmas, after all looking at how much this board has changed they might as well have just done V3.0.0 (IOW start from scratch) The coding was likely much more than they expected it to be, and the time it takes them to do so, with as many features as they added, was likelely more than they anticipated.

I think for christmas as a present to the developers we off with the questions and jabs of when it will come out, and wait for a JAN/FEB release. Of course, I know it won't happen but it's a nice thought.
Happy holidays everybody, and if you are like me and you have to deal with the cold stay warm!

mjalan

Post by mjalan »

/me guessing if the devs really release the beta this month, it could either be

Christmas

or

31st Demember 11:59:59p.m.. :D

P.S I am just guessing.. :P

Natan

Post by Natan »

SolarFX wrote:Merry Christmas, happy Haunika (sorry for the bad spelling), happy New Years, and happy everything else to all! :) I know people are counting on a release, but don't work on Christmas or New Years (or the others), that would just be horrible. ;)
This might be better:

Dear ______,
I'd like to take the time to wish you a (fill in one):
1)Merry Christmas
2)Happy Chanuka
3)Happy Kwanza
4)Fill in the blank: _______________

:lol:
"You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person."

BMWGuy

Post by BMWGuy »

..........it is threads like these that make me realize why the developers refuse to set a release date.................... ;)
Think that the developers have secretly stopped working on PhpBB v2.2? Think again........see the latest progress HERE:

the_dan

Post by the_dan »

Is it not time to break out the Christmas theme yet? :P

Dan

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

Spectral Dragon wrote:after all looking at how much this board has changed they might as well have just done V3.0.0 (IOW start from scratch) The coding was likely much more than they expected it to be, and the time it takes them to do so, with as many features as they added, was likelely more than they anticipated.
It will be interesting to run a diff on the new code and the old code to see how much actually made it through. I think it's limited to including the config file by now. :)
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.