PhpBB Hosting??

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
mivsen

PhpBB Hosting??

Post by mivsen »

Hi all.

how can i became a phpbb-host, i have tried to find a phpbb-host script, but not??

Does anybody have some hints??

I mean, i want to host forums to other users :D
ArtemiK

Re: PhpBB Hosting??

Post by ArtemiK »

I can write you one... contact me @ 6126414... erm, I'll try to write, I'm unsure if I can do such a script that you will like.
delos

Post by delos »

err... what exactly would such a script do?
if you want to host phpbb, you just install phpbb into your server and give the other guy the passwords.
mivsen

Post by mivsen »

delos wrote:err... what exactly would such a script do?
if you want to host phpbb, you just install phpbb into your server and give the other guy the passwords.
It would do just like http://www.sunshineforums.com" target="_blank
automaticly create a new forum to the username, and let you manage it.
ArtemiK

Post by ArtemiK »

did you get my PM?
Graham

Post by Graham »

I really don't see that this is relevant to phpBB 2.1/2.2 in any way, and in truth if you don't know how to write something like this you should either look at a hosting control panel such as CPanel, Ensim or whatever that offers it or consider whether you should be offering a service you don't know anything about.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!
mivsen

Post by mivsen »

What does CPanel, Ensim or whatever anyway have to do with this, the script's name is phpbb-host, but i cant find it, or find out where to buy it 8O :?

Btw, it have surely something to do with PhpBB, when it's a Forum Host script, and PhpBB is a FORUM :D
Graham wrote:I really don't see that this is relevant to phpBB 2.1/2.2 in any way, and in truth if you don't know how to write something like this you should either look at a hosting control panel such as CPanel, Ensim or whatever that offers it or consider whether you should be offering a service you don't know anything about.
Wert

Post by Wert »

Google is your friend here.

Search for webhosting.
Need good web hosting? I recommend Hostrocket.
mivsen

Post by mivsen »

Why would i do that??

I dont need webhosting, but the script that makes it possible for me to host forums, for others 8O
Wert wrote:Google is your friend here.

Search for webhosting.
Wert

Post by Wert »

Go the main forums http://www.phpBB.com" target="_blank and put a post for this in "mods requests".

I'm sure you'll find it's been asked for by others.