installed the snapshot...

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
custmguru

installed the snapshot...

Post by custmguru »

and all i can say is WOW!

The 2.1.whatever version kicks so much more butt than I thought it would. I've been checking out this forum for a while, but after installing the snapshot and seeing all the ACP control you have im highly impressed.

Of course im overlooking any niggling issues or non-working features (i've only found 1) and although i know its a pre-release candidate and i wouldn't use it in a live environment, it seems reliable enough after pounding on it for a day that makes me think it would be ok for a live install.

Thanks for a lot of the features
APTX

Re: installed the snapshot...

Post by APTX »

custmguru wrote:...non-working features (i've only found 1)....
You lucky guy, you!
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!
maxintosh

Post by maxintosh »

The only thing I noticed was several things in the ACP that were merely labeled ":". Then again, I did not test very extensively. I really just looked around the ACP.
tm1000

Post by tm1000 »

maxintosh wrote:The only thing I noticed was several things in the ACP that were merely labeled ":". Then again, I did not test very extensively. I really just looked around the ACP.

the moderator control panel isnt working (dealing with aproving messages, looking at reported posts). but eh. its alpha so i dont care. lol
maxintosh

Post by maxintosh »

It's already alpha?
custmguru

Post by custmguru »

maxintosh wrote:The only thing I noticed was several things in the ACP that were merely labeled ":". Then again, I did not test very extensively. I really just looked around the ACP.
i didnt get any of that. my only issue was it wouldn't load the preset permissions settings. but for all i know that could have just been operator error
APTX

Post by APTX »

Is the quality of CVS getting better or what?
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!
cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

Is the quality of CVS getting better or what?
I would have to say yes, week by week, on a statistical basis. More features over time, more panels active, etc., just as with this site over time...
tm1000

Post by tm1000 »

maxintosh wrote:It's already alpha?

what would you call it then?
lwq

Post by lwq »

is it me or is it the prob with cvs.A few hours ago i downloaded one of them yet the admin panel can't work.
lwq