phpbb 2.2?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Masum

phpbb 2.2?

Post by Masum »

Umm, sorry i know everyone has this question WHEN WILL PHPBB 2.2 release?
I know that it will release when it's finished but is there any specific date yet? b/c it been a long long time since the old version i mean it's takin more than anyone or we thought it should i mean almost about a year or so. I know that the developer working hard to finish it soon and release the final version of it. But my question is WHEN can we expect it to be released?...anywayz if anyone know please let me know and i hope im not askin anything anyone should would be upset since they already said it's coming this year or soon or w/e but just wanted to know if any specific date for it when it will be released like around this month or next month or da following month!!...or release it as "Xmas" gift eh? ;)! lolz...
Masum

BMWGuy

Re: phpbb 2.2?

Post by BMWGuy »

1) The developers have asked everyone from refraining from asking that question. As psoTFX once said, "Simple answer: It will be done when it is done". However, there is a chance that it may be released sometime before next year............but don't quote me on that. ;)

2) and Yes, PhpBB 2.2 will really be eventually released. It is not a joke, and the developers are currently working very hard at smoothing out the bugs in preperation for the first BETA. ;)
Think that the developers have secretly stopped working on PhpBB v2.2? Think again........see the latest progress HERE:

CLee

Post by CLee »

Masum wrote:Umm, sorry i know everyone has this question WHEN WILL PHPBB 2.2 release?
I know that it will release when it's finished but is there any specific date yet?
Why ask a question to which you already know the answer?
Carlos Myers
Member - Star Wars Roleplaying Club

mladen

Post by mladen »

So I suppose there is no "testing version" that we could try out? If there is, please give me the link where I can get it.

th23

Post by th23 »

mladen wrote:So I suppose there is no "testing version" that we could try out? If there is, please give me the link where I can get it.
Posting this you are trying a "testversion". And there are the CVS snapshots, but they are not the state of this board...

th23

Masum

Post by Masum »

CLee wrote:
Masum wrote:Umm, sorry i know everyone has this question WHEN WILL PHPBB 2.2 release?
I know that it will release when it's finished but is there any specific date yet?
Why ask a question to which you already know the answer?

umm smart enough i see..but did you read it correctly? or didn't have your glasses on? i said if there is any "Specific Date For It" GOT IT? hope u did now :)!
Masum

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

A quick use of the search using the terms release and date would have allowed you to discover that this question has already been asked and answered many times.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

BMWGuy

Post by BMWGuy »

Pestering us will do little more than get you into trouble with the moderators. Again, no one, save for possibly the deveolpers, even has a rough date. ;)
Think that the developers have secretly stopped working on PhpBB v2.2? Think again........see the latest progress HERE:

mladen

Post by mladen »

Well I have to say that what really got my attention in this new version of phpBB is the ability of making subforums in forums. Is that basically made of an original file and then just added extra sentences from the Categories Hierarchy Mod or is this a complete new thing that is better than the C.H.M.? I am asking this, because I have a 2.0.7 phpBB forum and would like to make this addition to it.

Graham

Post by Graham »

All of the features in the next release have been coded by the development team, they have not included any MODs in the code.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!