subSilver template

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
SHS`

Re: subSilver template

Post by SHS` »

the_dan wrote: I'm only taking from my knowledge of what happened with 2.0. As I didn't actually witness that realase, I'm just saying what I've picked up. I may or may not be correct :P

Dan
subSilver (1) was done sometime in the beginning of September 2001 (crikey...) and was ready for phpBB2.0.0 Beta1, and was checked into CVS at that time too.
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way
link92

Post by link92 »

I don't like this, gonna be hard to integrate into my site... the 2.0 subSilver was doable, this will not be...
Bored as hell. May as well put myself through the (X)HTML validator to see how invalid I am.
DeadEye686

Post by DeadEye686 »

link92 wrote:I don't like this, gonna be hard to integrate into my site... the 2.0 subSilver was doable, this will not be...
...and that's why you can change the template.
Viperal2

Post by Viperal2 »

Personally i love the new themeplate and it has a great perofessional look. And a clean on to.

But you can't please everyone ;)
What is The Viperal ?

http://developer.berlios.de/projects/viperals/" target="_blank
nicopaul

Post by nicopaul »

I also love the newer template, my only complaint is that the left column is too thin, but I suppose that could be easily editted. ;)

One more thing, the newpost button is more round than the postreply button. ;) :)

nico
nicopaul - known as "pianistsk8er" on the main site.

Visit my classical music website/forum.
Viperal2

Post by Viperal2 »

nicopaul wrote:One more thing, the newpost button is more round than the postreply button. Wink Smile
lol :P :P .

Man you notice everything. I had to look at it to see that now that you memtion it.

Note to theme designer : stay away from this guy :-) :P
What is The Viperal ?

http://developer.berlios.de/projects/viperals/" target="_blank
Toe

Post by Toe »

Viperal2 wrote:
nicopaul wrote:One more thing, the newpost button is more round than the postreply button. Wink Smile
lol :P :P .

Man you notice everything. I had to look at it to see that now that you memtion it.

Note to theme designer : stay away from this guy :-) :P
You never noticed that? I wondered if I was the only one that noticed it, or if it had been noticed and nobody bothered to fix it.

As for the left column being too narrow, you noticed how over-wide the same column is on the topic review window?
DeadEye686

Post by DeadEye686 »

I noticed it, but I have a strange feeling that the new template will be pretty radically different once it comes time to release, so I didn't bother to say anything about.
maxjackal

Post by maxjackal »

with 2.2 there may be a new template that doesn't look like subSilver ;)
and I hope so..
subSilver makes me bored!
maxJackal
http://www.TurkBilgi.web.tr" target="_blank : Turkish phpBB Community
MKruer

Post by MKruer »

I acutely like this temple but I think that there should be a few color tweak for the final version to bring it into a more neutral (grayish) realm.

And then with formatting. Please before the final, can you make the body box when posting fit the entire width of the remainder of the cell. I find it frustrating because the box you type in is only half as wide as the displayed post.