phpbb 2.2 "advertising"

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
BMWGuy

Re: phpbb 2.2 "advertising"

Post by BMWGuy »

okay, okay..............bad idea on my part. bad ideaa are what I'm famous for---get used to it. :mrgreen:
Think that the developers have secretly stopped working on PhpBB v2.2? Think again........see the latest progress HERE:
SamG

Post by SamG »

Maybe bad timing, but not a bad idea.
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood
psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

Indeed.
BMWGuy

Post by BMWGuy »

what are you agreeing with?

A) My idea is a good one that should be pursued later

or

B) you don't care for the idea all together

??? :? :? ;)
Think that the developers have secretly stopped working on PhpBB v2.2? Think again........see the latest progress HERE:
Sphen

Post by Sphen »

I think that he's agreeing that it should be considered later in time. :D
I think, therefore I am, I think...
I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed.
Site - Blog
Drexion

Post by Drexion »

BMWGuy it is not a bad idea, just a bit too soon :)
BMWGuy

Post by BMWGuy »

oh, okay thanks for clarifying what psoTFX said. :)

I was not really thinking of doing anything right now anyway---I was more throwing out a suggestion. Perhaps, though, when you deveolpers think the time is appropriate, we could start a "design signature/email logo for phpbb 2.2" contest in the off topic section on the main forums.

I'm doing more brainstorming than I'm doing anything else, really. :)
SolarFX

Post by SolarFX »

grrrlromeo wrote:People who are developing around phpBB are more likely to research and find this place on their own. At least they should be able to since it's been mentioned numerous times on the main site. You'd have to be crazy to start developing something that's dependent on phpBB without reading the Latest News or Announcements sections on the main site at the very least.
Yeah, well, thats me. At about the time that it all happened not much was said there, and it was early enough that I thought I was safe, but then I wasn't, and now that I think of it, I could have finished with a year left, and then worked on converting it. Tough decisions, things don't always work out...
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, margarita in one hand - chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO! - What a Ride!"
grön

Post by grön »

If you think about it phpBB new release istn't so interseting for the broad puplic. Why it isn't a program that evryone uses... If you are site admin looking for a forum they will search the web and find this fine free forum softver.... No spreadfirefox is a mutch better idea bucurse evryone needs the best browser....

But maybe somthing like spredphpBB but than you will have to advertice on webprograming sites.. u know visting like I don't know what normal people do on the web.... But will it realy interset them tha a new php*what* is realised... Forum sofwere I don't understand what does it do????? whats it good for?
Get Firefox and install the BBcode extension; then you are a real forum power user!
My reason for using phpBB is mrgreen
Peace-Love-Unity-STRENGTH
Techie-Micheal

Post by Techie-Micheal »

grön wrote:If you think about it phpBB new release istn't so interseting for the broad puplic.
It isn't? I've thought about it, and it is. Particularly since the Webbie Awards nominated us for an award last year ... If it wasn't interesting to the public then, why would it be now? No, it is, phpBB has some very nice technologies that you didn't see in other bulletin board software until after phpBB 2 was released.
Why it isn't a program that evryone uses... If you are site admin looking for a forum they will search the web and find this fine free forum softver....
*cough* http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=& ... tnG=Search" target="_blank *cough* What is the first thing you see under the two sponsored links? ;)
No spreadfirefox is a mutch better idea bucurse evryone needs the best browser....
Best is relative ... What may be best for you may not be best for someone else. Businesses generally prefer for example IE because it is there already and they know it. But now I am getting offtopic.
Forum sofwere I don't understand what does it do????? whats it good for?
Discussion, like we are doing now. It provides a place for your website visitors to hang out. Some places use it as a support area, like http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB." target="_blank Other places modify it and use it for other things. Bulletin board software in general: Think about what bulletin board means. What is the purpose of the old corkboard anyway? Now you begin to realize the purpose for bulletin board software packages.