nice!!!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
akurashy

nice!!!

Post by akurashy »

This is a GREATly change to phpbb :D
:D :D :D :D :D

Now that Invision Power Board closed :x
I think i move to phpBB 8O :D

a clean sexy look :D

INFOMAN

Re: nice!!!

Post by INFOMAN »

It is a great forum!

cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

clean sexy look
** she has always been sexy looking, you just now happen to notice the nice colors, smooth contours, and her nice assets :) **

xdarkday

Post by xdarkday »

n3rds

i kid, she is indeed much more sexy than those bloated boards.

akurashy

Post by akurashy »

LOL :)
i never know phpBB will make this great changes :D
now i really want phpbb ^_^

SolarFX

Post by SolarFX »

The only thing that kinda ticks me off is that people only notice phpBB and how great it is when IPB goes pay. :? phpBB has always been better than IPB by far when it comes to standard and 'cluster.' I don't know why people would go to IPB in the first place, but now they make it seem like it is a last resort, and if they were smart, it should have been first choice, now people are finding themselves screwed over because they wanted features and fast and they don't plan for the future. Rediculous...
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, margarita in one hand - chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO! - What a Ride!"

SamG

Post by SamG »

It's a very familiar song. Ikonboard (and Perl) was the best thing since sliced cheese until Matt left Ikonboard and started what became IPB. Then Ikonboard (and Perl) was so yesterday.

People who think of software more as playthings than as tools tend to be a little goofy. Look at me, for example ... three different toys -- er, tools -- for creating web pages (not counting Notepad :lol: ), and ever ready to have more. That's goofy.
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood

SolarFX

Post by SolarFX »

I see what you mean, I use tons of different software for different things like that. But mainly because one thing has another thing that the other doesn't, but that rule is almost completely gone when it comes to board software. I mean, when it comes down to it, you can turn it into anything you want with a little bit of work, so there is no point in having two, just one, and common sense is that you go with the one that is of higher quality. :roll:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, margarita in one hand - chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO! - What a Ride!"

SamG

Post by SamG »

Well, yes and no. Back when I was managing several sites that used discussion software, it was my policy to use the product that best fit the needs in a given situation. Sometimes that meant a "lite" solution, sometimes a more robust one.

But that's all beside the point. A lot of people use disscusion software as toys, and so they look for the newest (and free-est) toys to play with. It's more for fun than for anything serious.
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood

SolarFX

Post by SolarFX »

So I didn't see what you mean. :lol: But now I think I do, and actually... I've done that... alot. :oops: Hmm... my posts now seem worthless. :roll: But I swear they had a point when I posted them, but now I lost it. :o

:!: Wait, I got it. Still, phpBB is the highest quality software, right? And no matter what your needs, you can take that same high quality and easily make it suit your needs, right? So... what the problem is, man? Lazyness? Aah. ;)

Your toy point though I can't contradict, I'd be a hipocrite. :)

Wow I used alot of smilies there... well, all the better to follow my thought process. ;)