New VB out, New IPB out, New phpBB ___

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
phpbb lover

New VB out, New IPB out, New phpBB ___

Post by phpbb lover »

I heard that the next release of phpBB is just a joke... is that true? I hope it is not. Some people said it is supposed to be release last year but now not even a beta version has been released... :roll:

Martin Blank

Re: New VB out, New IPB out, New phpBB ___

Post by Martin Blank »

No, it's not a joke. But it is taking some time to finish. If something else works for you, feel free to use it instead of phpBB.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

VxJasonxV

Post by VxJasonxV »

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=222562" target="_blank

Thanks for reading.
"If You Support It, They Will Come."
"Construction"

lwq

Post by lwq »

the progress of phpbb is just right...but who doesn't wants a 2.2 now , at this moment???
lwq

Ptirhiik_

Post by Ptirhiik_ »

Me : I don't want to see a product distribute although the authors are not yet satisfied with it. It is one of the reasons (but not the least) I really appreciate psoTFX and his team way to work.

the_dan

Post by the_dan »

New VB authors live off revenue from it, New IPB authors live off revenue from it, New phpBB authors get no finance from it.

See the critical difference? ;)

Dan

nicopaul

Post by nicopaul »

the_dan wrote:New VB authors live off revenue from it, New IPB authors live off revenue from it, New phpBB authors get no finance from it.

Dan
hehe, Well said, and I don't mind waiting. Great work! :)
nicopaul - known as "pianistsk8er" on the main site.

Visit my classical music website/forum.

kuato

Post by kuato »

Try them out :) IPB 2.0 is really nice and I now use it for a small family forum. They still have a free version but it's not open source like phpbb. That there is the big difference and is why I can patiently await for phpbb 2.2.
Paul Schmidt - aka kuato
My home | My portal for phpbb2.2

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

No, they have a "free trial", they do not have a free version ;) Matt has been quoted as saying that you're expected to purchase a licence if you intend to use the application day to day.

wintermute

Post by wintermute »

the_dan wrote:New VB authors live off revenue from it, New IPB authors live off revenue from it, New phpBB authors get no finance from it.

Dan
Yes Dan, you are right, but we are always hearing the same thing over and over again. I'm sure hundreds of people are ready and willing to pay for PHPBB. So, if money is the prime problem, we can create a little cash flow for the developers. I'm willing to pay. But I must say, I think that "This board is free, so don't complain" approach is not very healty. Of course I may be wrong.

Best wishes,
Greetings to everyone...