MODs on 2.2

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
EldarionII

MODs on 2.2

Post by EldarionII »

Ok, I've been following and testing 2.2 alot lately as I'm waiting for it's release to create my new big project. I'll be needing some MODs such as the Medal MOD, Cash MOD, ADR, and a few others, but those are the major ones. But what I want to know is will these MODs be able to be installed on 2.2, or is the code so different that the writers have to rewrite them? I tried installing Cash MOD (on the CVS- not expecting it to work cos it's still in CVS) and got completely lost with the .tpls- there are none so I changed the extention to .html and put them there, installed the ACP pages for it and it didn't work. Wasn't expecting it to, but it makes me think that I'm probably gonna have to wait anothewr 6 months after the release for all the MODs to be converted to 2.2. Thanx.
Knowledge leads to wisdom which leads to power... so try not to be dumb.
A_Jelly_Doughnut

Re: MODs on 2.2

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Every MOD in existance will require at least a few changes to work on 2.2.
A_Jelly_Doughnut
EldarionII

Post by EldarionII »

Ok... do you know a place where I can learn a bit of php? Or is there like a guide of where things need to be located or... I'll just shut up and ask for a php guide. LOL. Give me a break, I'm 14 years old!
RyanThaDude29

Post by RyanThaDude29 »

EldarionII wrote:Ok... do you know a place where I can learn a bit of php? Or is there like a guide of where things need to be located or... I'll just shut up and ask for a php guide. LOL. Give me a break, I'm 14 years old!
http://www.php.net is a good start.
Graham

Post by Graham »

As was said above, they will all need changes of some form up to a complete rewrite to work, depending on how much the code they look for has changed.

I suspect that a few of the MOD authors will have new versions of their MODs available within a week or so of the gold release, but you may have to wait longer for others.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!
EldarionII

Post by EldarionII »

I expect Cash MOD to be one of those releases in the week, but medal MOD doesn't strike me as one that will come out so soon. And when you say 'gold release' do you mean the beta (although I think you are talking about the final release). Anywho
RyanThaDude29 wrote:http://www.php.net is a good start.
And thanx.
Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

Gold refers to the final release AFAIK.
Rob
NarGemini

Post by NarGemini »

XAMPP is great if you want to be able to run an Apache web server with PHP and lots of extensions installed on your Windows desktop computer. http://www.apachefriends.org/en/" target="_blank

Also, SitePoint has lots of PHP/MySQL articles for beginners and more experience developers alike. http://www.sitepoint.com" target="_blank
MHobbit

Post by MHobbit »

Give me a break, I'm 14 years old!
pfftt that's nothing, I'm younger and I learned PHP from a book and reference from http://www.php.net." target="_blank Now there's an answer. ;-)
Former phpBB MOD Team Member - No support offered via IM, PM, or email
Graham

Post by Graham »

Roberdin wrote:Gold refers to the final release AFAIK.
Correct.

(It is actually likely that some MOD authors will start work during the RC stage, but you can't say that these MODs will work with the final release until such a point as it is released)
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!