phpBB 2.2 Features List / MODs replaced

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
hmueller

Re: phpBB 2.2 Features List / MODs replaced

Post by hmueller »

PrintTopic MOD
Forum Notification MOD
E-Mail Topic MOD
Best regards,

Hans
foxmask1

Post by foxmask1 »

TheFella wrote:
Graham wrote:
I thought this was a list of former MODs that are now included in 2.2.x??
Just to reiterate the point for any who might have missed it, no MODs are included in 2.2 at all, there may however be functionality which is similar to or supersedes a MOD, but it will have been written by the developers.
Pardon the phrasing, it was meant to say former MOD functionality that is included in 2.2.x, and by included I mean coded into it by the developers so as to not be a MOD.

i.e. Birthday used to be a MOD, but now a birthday function is included, thus removing the need for such a MOD in the future (apart from the 7 days in advance thing).
perfectly written :D
olger901

Post by olger901 »

Passworded Forum MOD
-
Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty »

foxmask1 wrote:perfectly written :D
No, that explanation is badly written.

There are NO mods included in 2.2. Not a byte of code of those mods. Not functionality of those mods. There are completely new functions that have completely different code and those functions do different things than mods you are talking about.
th23

Post by th23 »

May I suggest a compromise: At least you can/should say, than some features are comperable...

th23
the_dan

Post by the_dan »

th23 wrote:May I suggest a compromise: At least you can/should say, than some features are comperable...

th23
But there is no need for a compromise, as none of the mods are in it :?

Dan
th23

Post by th23 »

the_dan wrote:...as none of the mods are in it...
That's exactly what I wrote... :D :mrgreen:
TheFella

Post by TheFella »

CyberAlien wrote:

There are NO mods included in 2.2. Not a byte of code of those mods. Not functionality of those mods. There are completely new functions that have completely different code and those functions do different things than mods you are talking about.
It may not have been perfectly written, but it certainly wasn't badly written.

I am stating the fact that for 2.0.x you can get a MOD called birthday that lets people enter their birthday, and it is dispalyed in the forum. 2.2 has a field where people enter their birthday and it is displayed on the forum. I have mentioned no similarity in code, but as I have stated, the function (i.e. showing people's birthdays) is the same. It may not use any similar code, but that's not my point.
I don't know how you can say they are completely new functions and that they do different things. There are some differences, but the basic idea, and function, is the same.
The Fella - I rock
The Fella Goes Arctic | LoonyAsylum
the_dan

Post by the_dan »

TheFella wrote:
CyberAlien wrote:

It may not have been perfectly written, but it certainly wasn't badly written.

I am stating the fact that for 2.0.x you can get a MOD called birthday that lets people enter their birthday, and it is dispalyed in the forum. 2.2 has a field where people enter their birthday and it is displayed on the forum. I have mentioned no similarity in code, but as I have stated, the function (i.e. showing people's birthdays) is the same. It may not use any similar code, but that's not my point.
I don't know how you can say they are completely new functions and that they do different things. There are some differences, but the basic idea, and function, is the same.
phpBB and VBB both let you post messages.
They must be the same.

Dan
grrrlromeo

Post by grrrlromeo »

CyberAlien wrote: There are NO mods included in 2.2. Not a byte of code of those mods. Not functionality of those mods.
Graham wrote: Just to reiterate the point for any who might have missed it, no MODs are included in 2.2 at all, there may however be functionality which is similar to or supersedes a MOD, but it will have been written by the developers.

This is much ado about wording.

How 'bout we say that 2.2 will make some mods obsolete or unnecessary? Because that's what's going to happen. Currently my board is modded. When I upgrade I won't need to mod. I'm not sure how else to say that'll make everyone happy.
I can't delete my signature.