max_execution_time

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
VxJasonxV

Re: max_execution_time

Post by VxJasonxV »

richardwhiuk wrote:In development bug reports are often USEFUL to the developers.
No, actually, they're not. Not in this situation.
Nothing is guarenteed to work, I'm sure the devs already know about this.
Nothing is stable yet.
Only when 2.2 goes BETA are bug reports useful.
"If You Support It, They Will Come."
"Construction"
Mvastango

Post by Mvastango »

I'm 99.23% sure the max_execution_time doesn't take into account the time spent in in queries (and a few other things IIRC).
You can have a php configuration with a max 30 second execution time, and have a php page that does a 2-hour-long query, and then echo 'done'. It would work fine without any configuration changes.

I'm not sure if the time spent sending a note through the mail function would count towards the limit, but the SMTP connections most likely would, which would explain why the time limit is lifted/extended on the mass-mail page.
geocator

Post by geocator »

richardwhiuk wrote: In development bug reports are often USEFUL to the developers.
That may be however as stated in the forum descriptions and rules and in multiple posts. The devs do not want any bug reports at this time.