Finally date?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
incubusnb

Re: Finally date?

Post by incubusnb »

the thing that really irks me is that the same people who are complaining that it doesn't have a release date, and that it needs to come out soon will be the first ones to complain that they rushed the schedule when they find even one error.

let the poor devs work on it at their pace or you might end up getting a product that should've spent more time in Beta... like Windows.. any version

and i completely understand the idea of not revealing features in the development of a huge scale product, its not just about getting the finish line with a new feature/idea first, its about having it implemented to such a point that it will take a long time for a competing product to implement it just as well.

you modders out there would probably be better off waiting for finished code anyways, theres no telling what might be changed between now and release, some parts might experience a drastic change and your stuck with a mod that almost requires a complete re-write

Graham

Post by Graham »

apike wrote:I find this really interesting! I didn't realize the phpBB Group was so competitive with other forums. :) Well now I know. I guess this is especially true because other Forums can often develop faster.
Strictly, phpBB doesn't compete with other software. We have a long standing policy of telling people to use whatever software they find best for their needs, be this phpBB or something else.

Of course it could be said that the developers and users of some of the alternatives don't agree with this viewpoint ;)
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

apike

Post by apike »

Strictly, phpBB doesn't compete with other software. We have a long standing policy of telling people to use whatever software they find best for their needs, be this phpBB or something else.
Yeah, that's what I've always seen, which is why I was surprised. :)