Suggestion for 2.2

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Claritin

Suggestion for 2.2

Post by Claritin »

I noticed that in 2.2 you want to overhaul the PM function and increase it's usefulness.

I think it works great... for forum based e-mail. But there are a couple things that would make my life easier.

I run a very very small PHP board and I mod on a large one.... the small one doesn't cause me issues.. the large one I noticed something I wanted in PM's

A group PM acct... you could like PM the "moderators" group... and any moderator could view the messages... then you could "moderate" that e-mail box and select the message and click move... and move it to your own PM box to "take ownership" of the problem brought to the attention of the mods.

It would be a SWEET mod.... BUT.... I realize it is alot of work.... I just wanted to throw the idea out there.

Also addressing the same PM to several people would be cool too.... but really at that point you should switch to real e-mail... right now I am thinking more PM with Admin functions in mind... I think that is still in scope for your project.

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Re: Suggestion for 2.2

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

I believe that you can PM a group on this board...however, I'm not sure about the current CVS version.
A_Jelly_Doughnut

Claritin

Post by Claritin »

I actually can't seem to find a "send to group" feature... and when I type moderators it doesn't seem to like it.

Also PM'ing a group wasn't the whole feature... PM'ing a group and having it go into a group accessable PM "bucket" from which you could transfer them to your PM "bucket" was the whole feature.

If there is a way to PM a whole group in this version (which I can't seem to locate) it probably just sends carbon copies to everyone.

Probably what you mean to say (and would have been correct on) was that you could PM several users at once... which was the second part of my post... you are correct on that.. I missed it The "current features" link I clicked on must be outdated... it said the overhaul was in the future... it seems an overhaul has already been done.. and it looks great.

Hell alot of it looks great... I love this new method for selecting font colors also.

Claritin

Post by Claritin »

Wow... and a ! report post button... I would be interested to see if that feature actually works like! Maybe my feature is useless once I know what the report post feature does... I need to do some major reading....

upsTex

Post by upsTex »

Please post feature requests to the request tracker, not in this forum. :)
Please read the rules for more information.
- upsTex

Claritin

Post by Claritin »

I don't seem to have the ability to edit or delete my own posts.

I just learned about your sourceforge set up.. so I realize noe of this belongs here... and I just found out I could PM a group by clicking on the groups name and hitting a PM button there... so that is there but it seems you can't do it from the actual "new PM screen" but you can add people to the list.

I realize that it's under dev though so that is probably in the works already.

So ignore all my previous posts except the parts where I complimented you guys. :D

Still looking for the documentation on how the new features work... but I know that will come when the version is released... so I will just keep poking around for a few mins.

upsTex

Post by upsTex »

Claritin wrote:I don't seem to have the ability to edit or delete my own posts.
There's a time limit that is specified in the ACP (Admin Control Panel) for this
Claritin wrote:Still looking for the documentation on how the new features work... but I know that will come when the version is released... so I will just keep poking around for a few mins.
There's not any official documentation yet, but for sure there will be when it
is released. :D
- upsTex

Graham

Post by Graham »

Reporting posts should make that report appear in the Moderator Control panel for the moderators of a given forum to view and action as necessary (I think it might add an indication to the thread in the normal view as wel). However, the MCP is one of the areas on which work is currently taking place so there is no guarantee that any of these features will neccessarily work as yet.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!