Too Complicated

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
APTX

Re: Too Complicated

Post by APTX »

dhn wrote: You can't. Should teach users to compose their posts more carefully. Or alternatively you could look into using Spellingcow on your forums. ;)
Come to think of it... why won't you add such spell-checker to phpbb? It would be very useful (specialy for people like me whose native language is'nt english).
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!
upsTex

Post by upsTex »

Because it's just bloat in the package. You could make a mod but I highly doubt
it would be included in the final distribution.
- upsTex
dhn

Post by dhn »

And because there is Spellingcow.
APTX

Post by APTX »

Do what you please... it's your creation.
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!
Pit

Post by Pit »

Don't forget that 2.0 used to have a spell checker in the development stages; then the external site used moved to a paid-only model. ;)
zeroK

Post by zeroK »

APTX wrote:
dhn wrote: You can't. Should teach users to compose their posts more carefully. Or alternatively you could look into using Spellingcow on your forums. ;)
Come to think of it... why won't you add such spell-checker to phpbb? It would be very useful (specialy for people like me whose native language is'nt english).
And a localisation for every written language on this planet? This would probably lead too far away from what people need imo. :-)
Paul Grayson

Post by Paul Grayson »

Spell-checking really belongs in the browser. The one I'm using has one built in as standard.
q3utom

Post by q3utom »

there is a spell check for the current phpbb so im sure the mod auother will implement it into 2.2
VxJasonxV

Post by VxJasonxV »

q3utom wrote:there is a spell check for the current phpbb so im sure the mod auother will implement it into 2.2
Are you REALLY sure about that?

I'm sure you mean the author will update it for 2.2, but please check your wording next time. They won't "implement it" into 2.2, they will "update it" for 2.2.
"If You Support It, They Will Come."
"Construction"
dhn

Post by dhn »

VxJasonxV wrote:
q3utom wrote:there is a spell check for the current phpbb so im sure the mod auother will implement it into 2.2
Are you REALLY sure about that?

I'm sure you mean the author will update it for 2.2, but please check your wording next time. They won't "implement it" into 2.2, they will "update it" for 2.2.
Did you even take a look at the spellingcow site I mentioned above? This is your spellchecker for 2.0.x and it will also work with phpBB 2.2 without the need for updates. ;)