Too Complicated

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Ybarra

Re: Too Complicated

Post by Ybarra »

How about, rather than relying on spell checkers, people actually learn to spell. Second (third, forth, etc.) languages not withstanding, of course.

It's a novel idea, and one they implemented back when I was in grade school (in America if you can believe it). Of course, computers weren't powerful enough to check spelling back then. Even now I refuse to have my computer do things my brain is perfectly capable of. I really wish others would do the same :P

Kidding BTW. I could care less if others want to be ignorant and make up for it with external processing power. Means less competition in the real world for me.

PPS. Hope I didn't spell anything wrong in there :P

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

Spell Checkers can be a useful tool if used in conjunction with a working brain. ;)
Rob

DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight »

Ybarra wrote:How about, rather than relying on spell checkers, people actually learn to spell. Second (third, forth, etc.) languages not withstanding, of course.

It's a novel idea, and one they implemented back when I was in grade school (in America if you can believe it). Of course, computers weren't powerful enough to check spelling back then. Even now I refuse to have my computer do things my brain is perfectly capable of. I really wish others would do the same :P

Kidding BTW. I could care less if others want to be ignorant and make up for it with external processing power. Means less competition in the real world for me.

PPS. Hope I didn't spell anything wrong in there :P
fourth ;).

Amyways, a spellcheck seems completely useless as a packaged featured, and to see that the people here would brush the idea so easily tells me that this project is heading into a relatively good direction.

incubusnb

Post by incubusnb »

i just have to say, even though this is refering to the 1st post:

i failed Computer sciences with a 30% average, and i had one of the lowest averages in High School and yet, the UCP is easy enough for me (then again, failing a Canadian High school might be like getting Honors in an American one, cuz i'm by no means an Idiot)

Alegis

Post by Alegis »

i could handle the ACP, but i agree some stuff was hidden well and could use a slightly better "organisation"

DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight »

oh, and the supreme court has ruled COPPA unconstitutional, you can take that out of the registration process, admin settings, and usergroups ;)

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

DarkKnight wrote:oh, and the supreme court has ruled COPPA unconstitutional, you can take that out of the registration process, admin settings, and usergroups ;)
Gah... COPA != COPPA
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way

Woodley

Post by Woodley »

I say its just a bit messy right now. Also, I'm testing it and it simply takes getting used to. At first for me, I could not get the permissions system, but after a few experimants, I'm a pro!

P.S.- Its nothing like IPB.
Mr. Anderson, welcome back! We missed you...

upsTex

Post by upsTex »

SHS` wrote:
DarkKnight wrote:oh, and the supreme court has ruled COPPA unconstitutional, you can take that out of the registration process, admin settings, and usergroups ;)
Gah... COPA != COPPA
What's COPA stand for?
- upsTex

Woodley

Post by Woodley »

upsTex wrote:
SHS` wrote:
Gah... COPA != COPPA
What's COPA stand for?
COPPA? Its something like Child, something... I forget.
Mr. Anderson, welcome back! We missed you...