Just Tested PHPbb2

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
olger901

Just Tested PHPbb2

Post by olger901 »

Hello all,
I justed installed a CVS version of PHPbb 2.1.2 (I know it's alpha and I won't use it either but just to test it, and I must say the features I saw rock. :)

Good Work PHPbb Team!
-
upsTex

Re: Just Tested PHPbb2

Post by upsTex »

I agree :D
- upsTex
Tullamore

Post by Tullamore »

I have a test version that I update every once in a while to see the new fixes, and I have a HIGHLY modified version that I will be using as soon as a few things are fixed/I figure out how to use.

Mainly, I can't create a forum that doesn't require each post to be approved, and it looks like approving doesn't work yet either. Haven't figured out how to manually change this yet either, maybe its a feature to keep people from using it full time already.

Anywho, PHPbb2.2 is awesome so far and VERY easy to customize, especially since all templates are drawn from HTML, mostly I have only had to change the php to remove some of the features I really don't want at all.
kuato

Post by kuato »

Tullamore wrote:
Mainly, I can't create a forum that doesn't require each post to be approved, and it looks like approving doesn't work yet either. Haven't figured out how to manually change this yet either, maybe its a feature to keep people from using it full time already.
Did you make sure to set the permission of the forum so that the "Posts are moderated" option is set to No for each necessary group? That got me when I first played with the cvs also :)

And yea, the cvs that I most recently tried still doesn't have the suppor for approving posts so when you fix the permissions for the forum you'll have to fix the posts in the forum manually via phpMyAdmin or the cli mysql so that they are all approved.
Paul Schmidt - aka kuato
My home | My portal for phpbb2.2
SHS`

Post by SHS` »

kuato wrote:
Did you make sure to set the permission of the forum so that the "Posts are moderated" option is set to No for each necessary group? That got me when I first played with the cvs also :)

And yea, the cvs that I most recently tried still doesn't have the suppor for approving posts so when you fix the permissions for the forum you'll have to fix the posts in the forum manually via phpMyAdmin or the cli mysql so that they are all approved.
Sorry, but we mean it when we say no support on these forums for CVS/unreleased code, doesn't matter if it's from a team member or vanilla user.

If people can't work out such issues for themselves, then stop mucking about with it, go do something else in life and come back as and when supported betas, and after, gold versions are released.
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way