2.2 changed my ways

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Bizzeh

2.2 changed my ways

Post by Bizzeh »

well, i used 2.0.x for a long time.. then someone told me about invision saying "its like vbulletin but free".. so i tryed it out and stuck with it.. but, the problem with it is that it does to much for its own good.. it has way to many pointless things in it that are just there for the devs to be able to say "they are there".
now, i saw somthing about 2.2, so i downloaded a cvs snapshot and set it up.. and i thought it was amaizing... it does everything i need it to.. it doesnt need a server that nasa would use to run it. the full real version is totaly free.. its compleatly modable.. and the devs are friendly (had some trouble with invision being stuck up arseholes).

so, im gonna keep on running 2.0.8 now till i can get my template/style writen for 2.2, then imma switch..

phpbb > *

:-)

-Bizzeh
Jonodude

Re: 2.2 changed my ways

Post by Jonodude »

Yeah, I was basically the board-master for a friend of mine. I was running phpBB 2.0 but just last week or so he left it for invision. Put me out of a job. I'm stubborn so I'm not even registering at his board. :mrgreen:

So when I found this board here I emailed him with a link, saying he might be interested. Not that phpBB 2.0.x was not good, but I think this will be even better without being too much. Can't wait for it to release!

Maybe he will see the error of his ways like you did. I hope. ;)
Not Radio

Post by Not Radio »

What's so erroneous about choosing the software that fits your needs?
Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

Choosing software that doesn't fit your needs? ;)
Rob
Jonodude

Post by Jonodude »

Roberdin wrote:Choosing software that doesn't fit your needs? ;)
Yeah, that's it. phpBB was meeting our needs already. Unfortunately, I don't think my stubbornness is doing anything. Like you guys say around here, everybody is free to use what they want. :roll:

I say they are missing out. :P
Not Radio

Post by Not Radio »

Roberdin wrote:Choosing software that doesn't fit your needs? ;)
Only I was asking, "what was wrong with choosing software that fits your needs", so the question of whether it fits or not is already answered by implication in the question.
Klors

Post by Klors »

And Roberdin was only stating something equally as unrelated to the previous post as your own question.