Cascading Style Sheet, CSS

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Pondus

Cascading Style Sheet, CSS

Post by Pondus »

Hi,

First of all I've to say that I really love the phpBB forums, and have used it for a long while. I do really look forward to phpBB 2.2!

But there is one thing I cannot understand: Why not use CSS to all formatting? Since the phpBB forums are so huge and popular, I'm convinced that the forums would be much faster to load if all texts, tables and table cells properties would be located in the CSS file. For example:

Code: Select all

<table width="100%" cellspacing="0">

<div class="nav" style="float:left">

<div class="gensmall" style="float:right">

<table cellspacing="2" cellpadding="0" border="0">
I've noticed that phpBB 2.1.2 (this forum) uses CSS more than ver. 2.0.8, but there is still inline-css and properties that should be placed in the CSS file.

Why?

DoD

Re: Cascading Style Sheet, CSS

Post by DoD »

Pondus wrote:Why?
Because it's just a developmental style

sparkster

Re: Cascading Style Sheet, CSS

Post by sparkster »

It's also still under development, the style can change before release.