"Edit reason" box feature?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
upsTex

"Edit reason" box feature?

Post by upsTex »

Hi,

When I was browsing through topics on this forum, I noticed a box in some of the posts that say a reason a post was edited, is that feature available to us? I think it is a nice feature that my old software didn't have. :)

t.i.a.
- upsTex

Techie-Micheal

Re: "Edit reason" box feature?

Post by Techie-Micheal »

Yes, it will be available to users (or rather moderators on their board, but you get the idea :P), provided the devs don't decide to remove it, but I see no reason for that happening. :)

upsTex

Post by upsTex »

Thanks for the reply. :)
- upsTex

Techie-Micheal

Post by Techie-Micheal »

No problem. :)

Yoshi 15

Post by Yoshi 15 »

I am guessing that this feature will be based off of the users permisions, whether they are able to put a reason or not.

Draegonis

Post by Draegonis »

Yoshi 15 wrote:I am guessing that this feature will be based off of the users permisions, whether they are able to put a reason or not.
No. If they can moderate that forum, they can edit people's post and provide a reason for that edit in the box provided.

DeadEye686

Post by DeadEye686 »

Will the original poster be able to add a reason after editing? Is there anyway to *require* a reason when editing? (Sorry, haven't checked out the CVS in a couple of months.)

snw

Post by snw »

Someone want to tell me why normal users are not allowed to provide a reason in self edited posts?

Draegonis

Post by Draegonis »

snw wrote:Someone want to tell me why normal users are not allowed to provide a reason in self edited posts?
Because it wasn't designed that way? Sheesh, quit it with the demanding attitude!

D3V0N

Post by D3V0N »

snw wrote:Someone want to tell me why normal users are not allowed to provide a reason in self edited posts?
If they do keep it to just moderators, I see that help tell everyone inlcuding the Admin(s) why so they know the moderators are doing their job. If a user edited and said something like "bad link" it may just add more text that isn't needed.

I don't really know what they will say, but for not checking up here as often as I should this is the first I've heard of it, great job guys [phpBB team]