Woah!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Aryos

Re: Woah!

Post by Aryos »

Using any other template than SubSilver does not work, because the changes in almost every mod refer to code that has to be found and modified within the SubSilver theme files and no other theme (could not be in any other way).

Plus using a program like EasyMod requires that you have to use it ONLY in applying official mods supported and suggested by the phpbb2 team. Personally, I apply the mods manually, but in case of mods such as the subForum mod, I really don't have the time and energy spending all that time changing the code manually, it's awfully boring and tiring (yet more safe), being proficient in php... :roll: The last mod I developed and applied manually was the HTML editor for posting on a forum I had at metalbb.com. That was worth it, only it was slow putting the smilies in the html post area and didn't proceed further with developing.
I didn't know anything about PHP or MySQL, in fact phpBB was the first PHP code I ever looked at. The day after I installed phpBB, I added the Attachment Mod, eXtreme Styles and Automatic Ranks. I was a complete PHP newbie and found modding phpBB to be relatively easy. A month later I was writing my own PHP code and my entire site was in PHP. I actually learned PHP by reading the phpBB code. Now I'm completely comfortable coding in PHP and working with a database. How 'bout them apples?
I started learning php by developing a site with the php port of slash code back in 2000. Horror storie...
Bio-Hack

Post by Bio-Hack »

I am a developer/admin at http://extremephpbb.com" target="_blank and would like to say keep up the good work. Your work is much appreciated, and used world wide.
DoD

Post by DoD »

Solution for not using subsilver...

Open the MOD file...

Split it into 2 parts, the php editing section and the template editing section.

Run the php Editing section.

Manually do the Template section...

would cut 3 hours work down to possibly 30 mins / 1 hour.

Some templates have smiliar to sub silver coding, so you only need to change the file name.
JAMMAN

Post by JAMMAN »

With multiple templates it kinda does what it can to the other templates then gives you a report on what it couldn't do. I can't figure out a way to log the report to finish the work up later.

I like your suggestion.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

psoTFX wrote:
Micheal wrote:If you don't like phpBB, why are you here?
Because he's a silly little vB troll ... a well known species that after spending a large amount of money on a product feels the need to give themselves positive reinforcement in any and all ways possible.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: well put