When will full version come out

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
sparkster

Re: When will full version come out

Post by sparkster »

pokemon master wrote:So if a stabel version of 2.1.2 is read thane why dont anyone post a download link.
There is no stable version of 2.1.2. The completed version of 2.1.2 isn't necessary stable, the next stable release will be 2.2.

Not Radio

Post by Not Radio »

The version numbering follows that of linux in that odd numbers are used to indicate an incomplete or in-development version of the product. 2.0.x is a complete production use release. 2.1.x is the development of the upcoming 2.2x.

pokemon master

Post by pokemon master »

But the version 2.1.2 is working good on this board.

Not Radio

Post by Not Radio »

It's incomplete, hence the odd number (1). If you click on groups you will see a bunch of garbage.

VxJasonxV

Post by VxJasonxV »

All the UCP/Profile fields were borked last time I looked.
Poké: It may seem stable, but it's not. Go try posting in the password protected forum, that might make you understand better.
"If You Support It, They Will Come."
"Construction"

Wert

Post by Wert »

pokemon master wrote:But the version 2.1.2 is working good on this board.
You can't even pm anyone at this point! Not to mention group auth has been really borked lately. If you don't believe me, download a snapshot, try it out and tell me "it's working good". Please tell me you're not planning on using the script in this inocomplete state.
Need good web hosting? I recommend Hostrocket.

DoD

Post by DoD »

here's a challenge... try and install it!

When i installed a snapshot from the other day, it took me about an hour, and i know a fair bit about MySQL and PHP! The installation script is FAR from being bug free.

Dmoney

Post by Dmoney »

I installed it, Worked just fine. Installed perfectly, Slight problem though. I get a parse error when i try to register another screen name. Its still awesome, Im just getting the hang of the new admin panel and all the amazing new features. By the time the final release comes out, I'll be familiar with the admin CP and the forum interface.
MMMM CAKE

Manshu

Post by Manshu »

I |_ove 2.2.. it rules

RyanThaDude29

Post by RyanThaDude29 »

Dmoney wrote:[snip..]Im just getting the hang of the new admin panel and all the amazing new features. By the time the final release comes out, I'll be familiar with the admin CP and the forum interface.
That's one way to look at it. That's what I do, too. Although I wouldn't hold your breath too much, things can still change and throw a loop into what you already know about the 2.1CVS. But I believe overall, what you see is generally what you'll get and then some! ;)