When can I start, and how far is M3?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Graham

Re: When can I start, and how far is M3?

Post by Graham »

Errrm, 2.2 has unlimited sub forums as well.

To answer the initial question, the earliest I would suggest you start is Beta-1, and more sensibly hold off until RC-1 because this is teh point where the DB structure is likely to be pretty much frozen.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!
MrScorp

Post by MrScorp »

PM's can be send threw phpBB and you do not need to write this again - just link to something like ...ucp.php?i=pm&action=send&u="userid"

For now hierarchy module can be used for subforums if they are really needed, but I do not think that this is the case.

As I said, pull out of the database user ID, password, username etc... For all other stuff use separate tables.
kuato

Post by kuato »

Graham wrote:Errrm, 2.2 has unlimited sub forums as well.
Was just trying to point out that IPB 2.0 has them as well if that's something he needs for his project :)
Paul Schmidt - aka kuato
My home | My portal for phpbb2.2
cybertinus

Post by cybertinus »

No, I don't need subforums for my project. And I wait for phpBB 2.2. I have worked with other forums, but I just love phpBB. I'm also a big fan of open source, so if a project is not open source, then I try not to use it.

Greetz, Cybertinus
VaLUnTriAn

Post by VaLUnTriAn »

cybertinus wrote:No, I don't need subforums for my project. And I wait for phpBB 2.2. I have worked with other forums, but I just love phpBB. I'm also a big fan of open source, so if a project is not open source, then I try not to use it.

Greetz, Cybertinus
you mean you love to use it but when it comes to making your own programs you'd rather not share it?
VaLUnTriAn
cybertinus

Post by cybertinus »

I share stuff, I have maked a few php scripts I have shared. But this is different. If I release the source code of this MOD I have a big change of competitors, and I don't want that. If this project fails (I don't hope that, but it's possible that it happens), then we (my brother and I) propable release the source code of the MOD.
With this MOD you have an unique, complete website. A sourcecode of a website isn't freely avaiable. So this MOD is closesource.

Greetz, Cybertinus
geocator

Post by geocator »

Just remeber that if you distribute it to anyone at all, you have to relase under GPL
Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

...do you?
Rob
geocator

Post by geocator »

geocator wrote:Just remeber that if you distribute it to anyone at all, you have to relase under GPL
OK that was vague 8O . Just to clear it up you dont have to make it publicly available, however you must give whoever you distribute it to a copy of the GPL liscense, and they are allowed to re-distribute it etc. So in the long run you might as well work with the community and make it available.
lwq

Post by lwq »

eh how long is it going to take till they complete M3?I hope this board reaches beta or RC quickly,I can't wait to use this board.
lwq