heh (?)

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Elf

heh (?)

Post by Elf »

I heard that phpBB must quickly load the pages. But is got on the contrary. phpBB much is slowly loaded! Why so?

I remind. I very badly speak on English!

DoD

Re: heh (?)

Post by DoD »

I'm sorry, but your question makes little sense...

phpBB should be faster than what? Or phpBB2.2 should be faster than 2.0.x?

I'm not sure how the two compare, but i would think the new code is quicker, but more features have been added, and may overall not change the speed much. But IMO phpBB2.2 is extremely fast, and infact can process a page faster than a 0.5MB connection can download the HTML for it.

Elf

Post by Elf »

vB much quicker loads the pages. With the base in 300 Mb! But phpBB 2.2 with size of the base 170 Kb, much slowly. This strange. I do not think that this powerfully depends on velocities of the server.

JoeHK2003

Post by JoeHK2003 »

Elf wrote:vB much quicker loads the pages. With the base in 300 Mb! But phpBB 2.2 with size of the base 170 Kb, much slowly. This strange. I do not think that this powerfully depends on velocities of the server.
Are you just want make ad. of vB here ?
Your "question" doesn't has any meaning !
My phpBB2.2 Chinese testing site - http://www.freetalkarea.com/tctest22" target="_blank
There has portal page and Top28 page also

DoD

Post by DoD »

If you do compare them, at least compare them on the same server - and both being Full releases. I doubt that the vB you are using is at the level pbpBB2.2 is at the moment? I dont think so as vB3 is released now.

Please allow phpBB to be fully refined before you go comparing it like this. If its still worse at the release, moan then, rather than now when nothing is final.

Your comparison is not properly carried out either...

Elf

Post by Elf »

The Slider on that and are created чтоб their compare! Something better, something worse!

DoD

Post by DoD »

Elf wrote:The Slider on that and are created чтоб their compare! Something better, something worse!
:?:

SamG

Post by SamG »

I am getting real close to buying Elf a vB license so this kind of stuff can stop rather than go on and on ... :cry:
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood

CLee

Post by CLee »

I was going to suggest some more English classes. His posts are getting harder and harder to interpret.
Carlos Myers
Member - Star Wars Roleplaying Club

DoD

Post by DoD »

True, but as long as i can get a jist, i'll attempt a reply.