Public beta?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
bjarne

Public beta?

Post by bjarne »

Hello
Will tther be a public beta, or will you be runing just the cvs until 2.2 is final?

salty78

Re: Public beta?

Post by salty78 »

Beta-1 will probably be the first public release for the general users. This won't come about until M4 is completed and possibly a private Beta.
Fear is the mindkiller.

bjarne

Post by bjarne »

salty78 wrote:Beta-1 will probably be the first public release for the general users. This won't come about until M4 is completed and possibly a private Beta.
ok, how far along is m4 ore are you still working on m3?

salty78

Post by salty78 »

These guys are still working on M3 right now.
Fear is the mindkiller.

coolio
Location: Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing

Post by coolio »

I thought the milestone corresponded to the version number 2.1.x, where x
was the milestone, so wouldn't we be on M2? I may be wrong. :)

salty78

Post by salty78 »

M2 was completed. I'm pretty sure that's why the "2" is on the end. When M3 is completed, it will probably change to 2.1.3.
Fear is the mindkiller.

trenzterra

Post by trenzterra »

coolio wrote:I thought the milestone corresponded to the version number 2.1.x, where x
was the milestone, so wouldn't we be on M2? I may be wrong. :)
Yes, that's why its 2.1.2 now. So I think we'll have up to 2.1.4 until the devs release a 2.2 BETA?

sparkster

Post by sparkster »

Milestone 2 has been completed and thats the forum software you're using now, currently Milestone 3 is under construction. When M3 is finished, this board will be updated to M3 and work will commence on Milestone 4. Once that's done we will see a beta version, possibly a number of betas. After beta testing is complete, next comes release candidates, possibly a number of those as well. Then, we get phpBB 2.2, so don't hold your breath. If it hasn't been released by December 29 and it's like 11:50pm UK time, then you can cry.

DoD

Post by DoD »

That would still give them 24 hours and 10 minutes to release it ;)

coolio
Location: Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing

Post by coolio »

DoD wrote:That would still give them 24 hours and 10 minutes to release it ;)
No, actually, 24 hours 9 minutes and 59 seconds ;)