Installation & User registration error !

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
tazman998

Installation & User registration error !

Post by tazman998 »

Got a little ussue with the 'phpBB22-CVS_200402201900' snapshot.
as a matter... it happened to yesterdays snapshot as well so it got me thinking that maybe it's a server related issue.

anyway..
everytime a user registers on the board i get an error above it.

see image below: (i have intentionally made some fields black for security)

The user is inserted into the database and can login.
However it is a very irritating error as it shifts the entire header down except for the links... so you can imagine it's quite a mess.
it only happens right after registration... when the page is reloaded it no longer occurs.

Anyone got any ideas ?

Another issue !
I've tested everything else and also noticed that during installation it want's to pull data from a table called 'BOTS_TABLE' while it should actually be <table prefix>_BOTS.
It is unsuccessfull in retreiving the info untill i renamed all BOTS_TABLE references in all php files and reinstalled the board.

Regarding the rest of the board... you guys have done one heck of a job !
Keep up the good work !

Almost forgot... you'll probably want my server info etc.

Server: Apache 1.3.14
PHP version: 4.3.3
MySQL Database: 2.1.0
Drexion

Re: Installation & User registration error !

Post by Drexion »

Errors/bugs would be expected - the software is not even beta yet. Hell, you're probably even luckier than most (in terms of getting it working) who are playing around with the CVS versions.

You won't obtain official support here for CVS versions of phpBB.
tazman998

Re: Installation & User registration error !

Post by tazman998 »

ok... thanks.

had to try !
I hope that at least the developement boys can use it to work out some of the bugs i encountered !

i'll be downloading and installing the snapshots myself from time to time !
I just love the improvements that are made to the forum ! :P