Use phpBB2

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
alexfont

Use phpBB2

Post by alexfont »

If I use this version I can update it easly when the Final version was release??

btw, When are you supposed to release the final version?

DoD

Re: Use phpBB2

Post by DoD »

There will only be an update script avaliable for phpBB 2.0.6 to the new version.

phpBB2.2 will be released some time this year :)

alexfont

Post by alexfont »

I really want to use this version, because have the things I want I I don't need to apply some mods.

I install the 2.0.6c version but I need the Subforuns and have some problems when try to install.

btw, what you thing about the template?
[SPAM]
Last edited by Draegonis on Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Spam

JAMMAN

Post by JAMMAN »

There is a sub forum mod for 2.0.6.

alexfont

Post by alexfont »

alexfont wrote: btw, what you thing about the template?
[SPAM]
Sorry Draegonis. I didn't know that's a Spam. Thanks for delete this. ;)
JAMMAN wrote:There is a sub forum mod for 2.0.6.
I know but I have some problems with some mods because my template.

I'm now have all the essencil mods including the subforuns mod.
Easymod and easyphp make it more easly...

JAMMAN

Post by JAMMAN »

Personally I don't use easy mod, I don't trust it to do the job as well as if I make the code changes manually.

And as far as templates go, if you become familiar with HTML templates become less scary.

If your spam was a link to your forum, you can get away with it in your profile under "website" and we can click at the bottom of your posts but I'm sure you know that allready? :D

alexfont

Post by alexfont »

JAMMAN wrote:Personally I don't use easy mod, I don't trust it to do the job as well as if I make the code changes manually.
Take much time made this manually. I made the subforum mod manually and I finnished 3 hours after and the result ins't what I'm expected :(.

With is I install the forum and put some mods in 15, 20 min. I just have to change now the template.
JAMMAN wrote: If your spam was a link to your forum, you can get away with it in your profile under "website" and we can click at the bottom of your posts but I'm sure you know that allready? :D
It's just to see the template. The forum is in portuguese and is for my born City Lobito in Angola. This is just text. First I've need to make a new interface for my website and then put te forum online

I'm more happy now with this phpbb version (2.0.6) ;)

Ptirhiik_

Post by Ptirhiik_ »

As every tool, easyMOD has its limits, its strong points and its weaks points. You may also prefer discuss about it on this board in the easyMOD dedicated section :).

Icey

Post by Icey »

Is there anyway I can download a preview of php2.2?

coolio
Location: Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing

Post by coolio »

You can download a CVS version at:
http://area51.phpBB.com/cvs" target="_blank

Be warned however that CVS versions are not technically stable so you
should not use it in a live environment. :)