Forum descriptions

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
DoD

Re: Forum descriptions

Post by DoD »

Clericvash wrote:why not try the bbcode way?
because you can't ;)

chAos

Post by chAos »

No, html doesn't need to be enabled. It should just work straight away. =\

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

erm, no, as I've explained I believe at least twice before ... data is run through specialchars to try and eliminate XSS issues. The ability to "add" HTML to various titles, etc. was never "intentional". It was an oversight that was left in place.

sparkster

Post by sparkster »

I guessed this was the case but surely it needn't apply in the ACP?

DoD

Post by DoD »

sparkster wrote:I guessed this was the case but surely it needn't apply in the ACP?
All _GET / _POST / _REQUEST vars are obtained through request_var() - which applies htmlspecialchars to the string.

It can take a small MOD on the user's part to replace the HTML versions of < and > with real ones for the forum descriptions.=, or by using get_html_translation_table()