Error on registering

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
vg-world

Error on registering

Post by vg-world »

i got this error when i registered

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (username, user_password, user_email, user_email_hash, user_timezone, user_lang, user_allow_pm, user_type, user_actkey, user_ip, user_regdate) VALUES ('vg-world', '0c40dfbb1c527f6b57667aeeb918aa04', 'vg-world@ps2gaming.gifgraphix.com', '-6320925333', 0, 'en', 1, 0, '', '##.###.###', 1076731471)
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/site/phpbb.typo.nl/phpBB22/includes/ucp/ucp_register.php:194) in /www/site/phpbb.typo.nl/phpBB22/includes/functions.php on line 1442

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/site/phpbb.typo.nl/phpBB22/includes/ucp/ucp_register.php:194) in /www/site/phpbb.typo.nl/phpBB22/includes/functions.php on line 1443

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/site/phpbb.typo.nl/phpBB22/includes/ucp/ucp_register.php:194) in /www/site/phpbb.typo.nl/phpBB22/includes/functions.php on line 1444

Wert

Re: Error on registering

Post by Wert »

You do know this forum is under active development correct?

If not, please avail yourself of the "search function" and you will find yourself well rewarded.
Need good web hosting? I recommend Hostrocket.

chAos

Post by chAos »

Just a bug, it'll be fixed when it's fixed. :)

Draegonis

Post by Draegonis »

The forum description wrote:Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, etc.

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

Good job passwords are hashed. ;)
Rob

VxJasonxV

Post by VxJasonxV »

Hahaha, no kidding. Someone saved themselves a lot of grief.
More companies should use hashing passwords, it ticks me off when I can't enter a password WITH SPECIAL CHARACTERS because they basically store it plain text.

MD5 is the way to go :). SHA-1 maybe?
"If You Support It, They Will Come."
"Construction"

sparkster

Post by sparkster »

I've heard (not 100% on this though) that sha1 requires a fair bit more processing thatn md5 so on a high-load forum it may not be the best option. Also phpBB uses md5 now and they could hardly go changing the hashing algorithm each update because then all users on every board would have to recreate their passwords.

VxJasonxV

Post by VxJasonxV »

I was just saying that companies could use any encryption algorithm so that passwords aren't easily obtained (plain text).

MD5 is SO SIMPLE!!! It takes up a lot of space for all the bits, yes, but it is a lot more than secure then just 'making sure a good password for user access to the SQL server' is in place.
"If You Support It, They Will Come."
"Construction"