BBCode buttons

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Francesc Lynx

BBCode buttons

Post by Francesc Lynx »

I've noticed that when using a non-Internet Explorer browser and clicking one of those BBCode buttons over the message box, the codes don't appear where the text cursor is (they show up at the end of the message). The same occurs when selecting a word and clicking a button... said word won't be surrounded by the corresponding tags (again, the tag goes to the end of the post).

I've seen / read it happen on Explorer (Mac), Safari (Mac) and Opera (Windows)

Why is that? :|
"Since the dawn of time... [insert amazing event]"

RyanThaDude29

Re: BBCode buttons

Post by RyanThaDude29 »

It also happens in Mozilla, Firebird, Netscape, and Konqueror, with both 2.1 CVS and 2.0.6c. There was a topic about this, but can't remember if it was on this dev board, or over at the main board.

chAos

Post by chAos »

it works in 2.0.6, but i dont think it was ever ported to 2.2 yet.

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

That is a javascript/style dependant thing, and I don't think the style is going to be a big factor until much later in development.

@Ryan: Indeed, Gecko doesn't support the insertatcaret() function or whateer it is called.
A_Jelly_Doughnut

wacky_hacky

Post by wacky_hacky »

Camino (Mac) used to be able to do it correctly on 2.0.6, though I haven't tested the CVS's to see if it is supported lately. And I can't check it atm either, because I'm at work at a Win 95 pc with IE 4.0!!! :roll:

Anyone think a workaround might be possible?

Acyd Burn

Post by Acyd Burn »

It is already in... for all later incompatibilities please wait until the first beta is out.